Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

89 tranny code "T"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:39 AM
I LOVE OLD FORD'S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 tranny code "T"?

ok so i was reading a forum today about how to read tranny codes and it had a chart that "decoded" the "code"... well i checked mine it was a "T", the chart said that was a 4 spd out of a ranger? WTH? i was thinking it was a e4od? am i right? i would like to know because i am gonna replace the fluid/filter soon and i need to know what tranny it has...
Old 11-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Redneck Country Boy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before you even think about replacing the fluid and filter make sure that your truck has had trans flushes in the past cause if you are over 100,xxx miles and you do one you can cause alot of problems for your truck, reason is that your gears have worn down over time, and the old dirty fluid has metal shavings that the trans has gotten used to filling in the gaps between the teeth of the gears now. By replacing the fluid you take out all those shavings and can well will cause the trans to start slipping and losing power. I have seen it happen people have done it and asked me to do theirs for them and I tell them the same thing. So before you do this make sure you check that out would hate for you to blow the trans.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:13 AM
I LOVE OLD FORD'S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. did not know that, makes sense why the tranny on a friend of mines car started slipping when she had the fluid and filter replaced.

Quick Reply: 89 tranny code "T"?