Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

4.9 Liter EGR tube

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.9 Liter EGR tube

So the shop broke mine. No Ford dealer anywhere has one and I cant locate one aftermarket. Now what do I do?
Old 09-14-2018, 09:37 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Tell the shop to replace it, or fix it to your satisfaction. And don't pay them the original price (no extra for the tube) until it's done. If they refuse, don't pay them at all, and offer to sue.

But any decent welding/fabrication shop should be able to braze it back together, or copy it in soft Copper tubing. I've heard of some people buying a flexible gas supply tube (like for a furnace or stove) and making it work for a ruined EGR pipe. Or you could check all the non-dealership parts stores & e-tailers, like BroncoGraveyard.com, LMC Truck, FordPartsGiant, Amazon, eBay, O'Reilly, NAPA, Advance, Pep Boys...
Old 09-21-2018, 10:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had to replace the EGR tube on mine about a year ago, had a hell of a time finding the right part until I got this part number: F4TZ9D477C . Fits my '89 just fine.

Edit: Here's a link to one found using that part number for ease of access:
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
jereman (12-11-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 07:41 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

What year is your truck ? If it's 96 you have a special egr tube with dpfe sensor tubes which is pretty rare because it was just the one year. Might know where to get one if that's it.
If it's 95 or earlier that will be much easier to find.
I would disagree that it's necessarily the garage's fault that your 20+ year old metal egr tube didn't come undone the way it would have when it was new. Stuff gets rusty and seized and disassembly does not always go well no matter how careful you are. Not necessarily the mechanic's fault. Stuff happens.
Just do what it takes to get it fixed properly and remember you don't have a $700 lease payment every month. It is what it is.

Quick Reply: 4.9 Liter EGR tube