Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Brake Warning Light Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:57 AM
You can't fix stupid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Warning Light Help

Hi there. I have an 83 f150 and i have a question about my break warning light on the dash. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but when i turn the ignition to the start position (starting the engine) the brake light on the dash comes on, and when i let go, it turns off. is that supposed to happen? also, when i have the e-brake on, the light doesn't come on. I'm guessing it's a loose wire or something, but i don't know where to look. can anyone help me with this?
Old 01-10-2009, 04:35 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Yes, the light comes on when you start the truck. It's a bulb test so you can see the bulb isn't blown out. The emergency brake light switch is connected to the emergency brake near the top of the pedal.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:10 PM
You can't fix stupid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know it's been forever since i brought this topic up, but I haven't really fixed this problem yet (I blame laziness). Actually took the whole e-brake pedal assembly apart last night and couldn't find any type of switch or plug in anywhere. I know it seems unlikely but is it possible that a few models didn't come with an e-brake warning light switch? or perhaps the switch is located somewhere else?

Quick Reply: Brake Warning Light Help