Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Squeaking door panels

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking door panels

Does anybody have any tips to stop door panels from squeaking and rattling? It seems to come from where the door panel touches the metal but I can't tell for sure. It seems like it may be both doors on my driver side. It happens anytime the truck shifts weight or hitting bumps in the road. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't find anything which I don't know how cause the sound is very obvious. Really aggravated seeing how this is a brand new truck that I only have 3,000 miles on.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:01 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

BSR (buzz, squeak, rattle) issues can be maddening both for you and the dealer. Take it back, schedule a ride with a tech and you put it through the routine that causes the noise.

Could be a missing bushing in a linkage, could just be a loose "christmas tree" fastener. They're not always easy to find, but since it's still under warranty, I would make the dealer do the searching rather than you possibly causing a problem trying to fix it yourself.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is a long thread with some ideas for you

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/door-p...le-fix-269251/