Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

new 2015 Screw Cruise Control issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Default new 2015 Screw Cruise Control issue

I just got the truck and as far as I can tell the Cruise control will not go on. Its a 2015 Lariat Screw.

I have read the manual and it basically says press the on/off button to turn it on, a symbol will illuminate. i have tapped it, held it down etc and no symbol illuminates. It also will not set so its not a bad led.

Ive had multiple reincarnations of cruise control so its not that I dont know how to operate it I dont think.

A side note that may or may not have bearing. Every time I start the truck a poppup comes up that states my Collision Avoidance is not engaged. I have gone to it in settings and the options for on and off are grayed out, though the bubble next to on is filled. it also is grayed out on the sensitivity portion and will not let me change it from the middle option. I have the full deal as far as options, the 502A and technology package etc.....so I do have cruise control as an option on the truck (not sure that there is a truck that comes without it but wanted to cover all the bases)

Ive dont search after search but have not found anything on this issue for a 2015. Any Ideas? I plan on running by the dealer tomorrow or tuesday but if its a simple fix I would prefer to just get it working.

Last edited by Rhyder; 11-15-2015 at 09:43 PM. Reason: add nfo
Old 11-16-2015, 11:31 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

just a note if anyone runs into this...there was some type of recall...they weren't clear what...and they think the truck was recalibrated....they tried to recalibrate it now and it fails...they are waiting on word from Ford on what to do....

Basicly had the truck one day and it's in the shop for who knows what doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy about the truck ...
Old 11-16-2015, 11:57 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Pesky software issues. Probably never have another issue with it. (I hope!)

Quick Reply: new 2015 Screw Cruise Control issue