Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

And the Saga Begins...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi-Rev Motorsports

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts

Default And the Saga Begins...

Long story short...

I had to put brakes on my truck today...I opted for the Advance Auto Silvers because I want to replace the rotors...they are a little wavy and have a few hot spots in them and it is cheaper to replace them rather than spend the time turning them...

thats when i find out I need a Tie-rod on the passenger side outer.... thats the freakin rattle I have been hearing on that side and couldnt find...I found it by accident..as it doesnt make the noise side to side but I bumped the rod up and it clanked...

this weekend was full of let downs for me...

left the truck at home because it needed brakes and grabbed the Dodge Van (15 passenger) and took the kids out...wife went to work in the Jimmy and the monster in law in the cutlass Ciera...

wife called and said the Jimmy would start at work...starters bad...still sitting there...monster in law works at the same place and they are on opposite shifts...so she took the Cutlass and drove to shopping...

Got to Krogers and the car wouldnt start...I went to go get her and the Dodge van wouldnt start...wow thats 4 out of 4 all in one day....

Van ended up being a coroded negative cable and terminal...cleaned and fixed...

Cutlass had a dead battery...jumped and headed to the parts store for a new one...as this one was on its last leg anyways...I killed it 2 winters ago trying to start my old astro but it has held on and is 12 years old...got my money out of that one...yah Walmart

Got a new battery and found the alternator was bad...drove it home and got a new alt and replaced it...car fixed...

so that 2 out of 4 fixed...

Truck should get the tie rod tomorrow...

man what a weekend... I took today off to rest and put the brakes on my truck...
Old 04-19-2010, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear all the bad luck Doc. Hope things go smooth and hope to hear you finish the story with a good happy ending. And kudos for the 'Monster-in-law' line lol.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi-Rev Motorsports

yep thats what I call her....and she smacks me everytime...shes actually alot nicer than the previous monster in law...which was actually Satin's Sister...
Old 04-19-2010, 08:11 PM

Oh the old one was the sister of satan..... so you were married into my family on my mom's side? I didn't know I had a aunt lol.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi-Rev Motorsports

How do you think Jerry Springer got famous...lol
Old 04-20-2010, 03:40 AM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Yea man trying to keep 4 cars going down the road is a pain in the ***. Especially with limited funds.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by dr_bowtie
How do you think Jerry Springer got famous...lol
Well howdy cousin by marriage then removed by divorce!

Quick Reply: And the Saga Begins...