Topic Sponsor
Members Builds See any build threads created by members to track progress of their projects.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Pepper, my '11 lariat build

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Pepper, my '11 lariat build

Hey guys, been creeping the forum for close to 2 years now, I picked up my 2011 F150 as a birthday present to myself in January of 2015, and immediately started looking at what I wanted to do with it! Wasn't really sure at first, the usual idea's of a 6" lift with 35's and light bars, and then maybe trying to lower it and do something cool there, but it just ended up falling onto the back burners as time went on!

-Day after picking it up, my mom and step dad got a brand new 2014 xlt the same day, just in a different city lol:

Little more about the back story too I guess, so I went in to buy a new truck, a GM, I'm not brand loyal really, owned and drove all sorts but always been a fan of gm trucks. After driving a couple, found one I liked, dealership told me give them a day to figure out what we could do (Up until this point I had never owned a new truck, or anything newer than a 91 actually lol, and never had a credit card or loans or anything, always paid cash), and after a day they called and said that unless I wanted to go on a 8 year third party plan with insane interest, it just wasn't gonna happen! But they did tell me some good advice, get a credit card with a low limit and use the **** out of it and pay everything off on it right away, get my credit up and come back and see what we could do, which I had done actually about a week prior to wanting a new truck

Well fast forward about 2 weeks, I get a call from the dealership, a costumer they dealt with for years had just traded in a truck recently, some other guy was supposed to come and look at it, they kept holding it for them and he kept screwing them around, so they said come down here and see what you think. I head down there (I live about an hour and a half away) the next day, and to my surprise, it's this Ford at a GM dealership lol. But it's gorgeous, Tuxedo black, chrome clad wheels, crew cab WITH the 6'5" box (really didn't want a short 5'5" box no matter the brand), being a lariat it's fully loaded with everything, the Sony stereo, moon roof, etc, about the only things it didn't have were an ecoboost engine, and the locking rear end, not deal breakers though really. Lightly used, had 45000km on it, they guy who owned it was a dentist i guess who always keeps his vehicles immaculate. And this was all after I was looking at base model gm's, so quiet a step up!

I take it for a spin, and it only took about 2 miles before I fell in love. I had to have it. So we went back in, settled on the price, signed my first born off, and I had myself my first "new" truck! And I've loved it ever since. Originally they salesman who sold me it told me it had the 6.2, but it took about a week before I figured out a bit more about these newer fords and realized it was a 5.0, at first I was mad but really it didn't make much difference to me.

Well then we fast forward to about 2 months ago, the warranty is close to an end, and I look at maybe trading it, go back to the dealership, drive some other trucks, nice trucks but really they messed up selling me a Ford because I don't like the new gms much now, great looking but just hated the interiors on them and the newer 5.3's just wasn't anything special really. After a bit of deliberation, I decide I'll pass and keep this.

I'm starting to ramble now lol so I'll just get to it! Finally pulled the trigger on some stuff this past week, looked for a long time at what I wanted to do with the truck and I think I have a long term goal but we'll start out nice and easy *cough cough supercharger cough cough*. Researched for quiet a while what I wanted to put in it, and decided for now I'd be sticking with a level and some 33's, and do some other cosmetic stuff later, I don't tow a lot but I will DD this thing everyday, winter through summer (and in up here in Canada, we base the year on winter, not summer lol) and wanted something relatively easy on the wallet and also on gas. Pulled the trigger a week ago on a set of Procomp 7032's, in 20x9, and had them wrap them in some 275/60r20 wrangler duratracs, in P's, again I don't tow much really so I liked the idea of lighter tires, and I had some duratracs on my last chevy and really liked them! Was originally going to get some Toyo open country at2's in the same size, but switched at the last second because I like the better winter performance of the duratracs and they were on sale. They showed up earlier today at work so I snapped a couple pics!

While i was at it ordering those, I got a set of Bilstein 5100's all around, and got a Ready Lift 3" rear block kit, again, because it's just easier on the wallet and it can pull off 33's without looking bad .

And while this was all happening and I was at the local parts place, they happen to sell edelbrock, and since I've owned the truck, I've always had my eyes on a supercharger one day, albeit I was thinking more a Roush kit or what I really wanted, one of the newer whipple kits! But there's nowhere to get them locally and it was just too expensive, buuuuut I did know I could get edelbrock locally, I get them checking on it and while I'm waiting for a quote, I check out kijiji too see if there happens to be anything, ya never know! Well low and behold, there happens to be somebody about 7 hours away selling the exact edelbrock 5.0 e-force kit I had the shop looking for! Guy pulled it off his '13 when he traded it in, and was looking to offload it. While I'm emailing him, shop calls and says they can get one, but it'll be special order, and I was looking at 9800 bucks without tax or shipping, so about 12000 all said and done! Pfffff, **** that noise, tell them don't worry about it and talk to the guy selling a used one, and we worked out a deal for his, shipped today and should hopefully be here thursday! So I'm super pumped for that, don't know if that'll get installed right away though as winter is coming (insert Edard Stark meme nowwwww) and I don't exactly NEED all that power, but we'll see what the weather looks like and what my schedule looks like later this week, I'll post it up no matter what.

Image from the ad:

And so that's where I'm at boys and girls, I think I rambled on enough for today! I'm doing this all on my iPhone so I may come in later and edit some stuff and add other things in as I see fit! Hopefully I'll get the wheels and tires on in the next couple days with the leveling kit, and post pics of that! I'll get more of my truck now before hand too, don't have many on this newer phone of mine. Alright I'm gonna go slay beers, hello again and I'll keep ya folks posted.

PEACE!!
Old 10-28-2016, 12:01 AM

Small update, got the supercharger today! Looking at installing either it or the wheels and tires this weekend, haven't totally decided which yet (or both) but I'll post updates either way!

Old 10-28-2016, 12:17 AM

Received 497 Likes on 349 Posts

I say both... I can't leave parts sit in the garage lmao
Old 10-29-2016, 10:46 PM

Alright, well I got off my *** today and got the Bilsteins and the wheels/tires on today! Loving how it looks, definitely needs an alignment got some wicked toe in happening but it rides good and looks awesome!

Kinda cleaned it up for a before and after but really just got the mud outta the wheel wells before going ham on it:

And then snagged a couple during the whole process:

Not a good angle but the rears were the usual 39" inches or so

And the fronts

And then the rear after

And front again

And then a couple after before it got too dark, doesn't show it too well but it's definitely picked up a few inches! Pretty stoked on how it came out and can't wait to do more, we'll see how things go next weekend, the supercharger may happen but that might end up being a spring project who knows
Old 10-29-2016, 10:48 PM

Stupid limit, couldn't see which ones I was deleting and what not, here's a couple more and the comparison:

Old 10-31-2016, 11:11 PM

looks good man!!! what wheel offset did you go with again?
Old 10-31-2016, 11:18 PM

0 offset, the procomp 7032 only come in one size in 20's, 20x9 with 5" backspacing (I believe) and 0 offset
Old 10-31-2016, 11:20 PM

Which pushes them out a decent amount, the stock flares don't cover them at all, looks pretty sweet but definitely need at least mud flaps, I have bushwhacker 1.75" pocket flares in matte coming in tomorrow for it, and wanna get mudflaps, has anyone on here seen like RallyArmor mudflaps on an f150? I know they make the generic universal fit ones, been thinking about getting some
Old 11-01-2016, 01:49 AM

Thanks, been looking into a similar set up except I wanted to get some UCAs down the road. Trying to plan my build out so I don't have to buy things twice and change them unless I want too.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:53 AM

Got the flares in yesterday and put them on, spent more time getting the rubber trim to stay on than actually installing them almost haha and removing the factory Flares is a hassle, but looks good!

I'll get a better picture soon of it, the one half decent one I thought I took is all blurry, she gets aligned later today and then I'll be able to actually go drive it and see how it feels, and get it cleaned up for some decent photos