Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Anzo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

When I refer to garbage lights I'm talking about the lights (like the Kensun and other noname brands) that scatter light all over.

I don't see any scatter in Mikes photos. I'm trying to see what Black is talking about with regards to his house but I don't see any light from his truck lighting up the house.

I think Boost is just saying that because he does not like us

Nobody forces anybody to buy from us. As I said, folks who deal with us love our customer service and have nothing but great things. We go above and beyond for our customers. But we also speak our mind. We don't sit in the back and stay quiet while folks bash us, we voice our opinions because that's who we are. we believe in the products we sell and defend them, no matter who the manufacturer is. If it's on our webiste, we stand by the products (which some customers know from special ordering items from us that we don't normally sell and we've taken back when they were not 100% happy)

mike, the anzos are projection and elimiate a lot of the scatter when you use LED/HID bulbs. HID bulbs produce light scatter when in halogen housings as do most of those "cheap" LED light kits out there (the ones where they pay folks on amazon and give away free product in exchange for good reviews, or give you discount codes if you put a 4 star and change it to a 5 star)...

Projection housings will realy cut down on light scatter due to the way the housing is designed. There is no light scatter in your lights. Even if you used someone elses bulbs, I'd tell you the same. I see no light scatter at all in those photos.

I do see what some folks mean where the highs are REALLY bright (look awesome) but the lows are not as bright as LED's in the halogen housings. I believe that might just be an alignment thing (but you don't want to align them TOO high) as well as just the design of the bulb and how the led's are getting cut-off (at least one of them).

Remember the XHP50 are not as bright as the XHP70 chips. So the 2nd LED diode may just be getting cut. That's why we're hoping the XHP70 will help. They are a lot brighter then the XHP50 but you only get 1 LED diode on the bulb... but that should be fine since there is no 2nd LED diode to get "lost" know what i mean?

Those highs though, really nice looking.

What I'm not a fan of on the Anzos is the adjustment for lows AND highs. I guess in a way it's a good thing, but it just means more monkeying around under the hood.
The following users liked this post:
mike5809 (12-08-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackBoost
Same. Also, he gets them from the same chinese supplier that dozens of other sellers get theirs from. They're all the same, same bulbs, same wattage, same ballasts/drivers, same connectors, same everything except the packaging.

Case in point; ALL these are IDENTICAL bulbs to 4x4's except the picture on the package, but these are much much cheaper, some half the price of what he charges:
https://www.amazon.com/Lighting-Head...ords=H11+xhp50
https://www.amazon.com/AOSI-headligh...ords=H11+xhp50
https://www.amazon.com/LUYED-12000LM...ords=H11+xhp50
https://www.amazon.com/TAITIAN-Headl...ords=H11+xhp50
https://www.amazon.com/BROVIEW-Headl...ords=H11+xhp50
https://www.amazon.com/H11-Headlight...ords=H11+xhp50
https://www.amazon.com/AOSI-headligh...ords=H11+xhp50

There are many more, that's just what came up right away. If you're waiting for the XHP70's to come out, just search Amazon and buy, for far less. Don't get ripped off on the same product being sold for more for no reason
And if you stuck with those kind of bulbs from the begining rather then the 2-3 kits you've already tried and had issues with (which you posted about) you might be a happy camper.

And btw not all of them are 100% identical. There are differences with the ballasts and some of the cheaper kits are using OLD ballasts, which is why they are so cheap (trying to get rid of old stock, or they made HUGE bulk purchases at first and then had issues with ballasts, so they are trying to unload them).

We buy in small quantities for this reason. 2008_XL can speak for this, he's gone through about 3-4 sets of LED lights now during testing with me. He knows about the ballast differences. The original kits we sent out had ballast issues so we stopped selling them (thankfully we had a small inventory so we didn't get STUCK with too many). As months went on production changes happened, things improved and finally we tested out another set and BAM, we had a winner.

I stll hve the old inventory sitting here that I WILL NOT sell, because I know the ballasts have issues. Sure I can unload them on amazon for half price, but it's not worth it to me, to send a customer a sub-standard product that may LOOK the same on the outside.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Blunt

Received 1,074 Likes on 722 Posts

Zoomed in, clear gradient on roof. Evidence of headlights shining above the height of the walls on the house.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pardon the ignorance guys but how did you guys remove the bulbs for the high beams? I Bought some aftermarket halogens but I feel like I am going to break the Anzo OEM ones. Any tips?
Old 12-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Banned

Ya mean the roof being lit by the moon? That's not from his headlights lol.

I'm about done entertaing you now... why don't you just give it a rest already okay pal?
Old 12-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by smwann
Pardon the ignorance guys but how did you guys remove the bulbs for the high beams? I Bought some aftermarket halogens but I feel like I am going to break the Anzo OEM ones. Any tips?
Finally someone who's back on the topic at hand.

So the low beam and high beam have the same bulb locking mechanism. It's a metal clip that has...well we'll call them 2 clips (although it's one). You basically push down and inwards on each side. Do one side at a time. It's under tension to hold the bulb in so if you push down and inwards it'll pop one side out. Then do the other side (side meaning the clips side).
Old 12-07-2016, 10:54 PM

Thanks 4x4. I think I am past that point. I am trying to remove the bulb from the actual socket it's sits in.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Banned

Ohh lol... yeah that doesn't come apart The 2 little prongs on the back of it, that's the H7 connector. That bulb/base are all one unit.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:57 PM

Lol. That would explain it. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Banned

Yup, lol. No problem though. How long did you sit there trying to remove the bulb?

Quick Reply: 2015 Anzo Headlights