Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Start/Stop disable button p/n

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 08:35 AM

Received 583 Likes on 444 Posts

Default Auto Start/Stop disable button p/n

I am looking for the part number for the switch. The double switch with hazard button and auto s/s OFF button that mounts at the top of the FCIM to replace the single hazard switch. Picture attached. I do not have auto s/s, but want to get one of these switches for some experimenting.

I can't seem to find the correct one on the part sites. Maybe someone has a picture of their switch removed with the p/n that has auto s/s.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:47 AM

Received 367 Likes on 268 Posts

Looks like its SW-7479

The following users liked this post:
carrierj (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 09:01 AM

Also pin 1 is the auto s/s indicator. I believe if you send it 12 volts it would light it up when the ground is connected to pin 3
carrierj (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by lucas8888
Also pin 1 is the auto s/s indicator. I believe if you send it 12 volts it would light it up when the ground is connected to pin 3
So do you think it would be ok to send 12 volts to the LED in the switch?

I first experimented with the snow plow switch. I got the switch to work after enabling snow plow in the FCIM only. I put a meter on the brown wire at pin 1 and it was 7 volts or so from the FCIM. Pushing the button also disabled the heated seats. I pulled the white ground switch wire from the FCIM connector that comes from pin 2 and ran it to something else and it worked, momentarily of course. Pulling this wire no longer disabled the heated seats. I will experiment with relays to get the momentary signal to remain constant. However the snow plow switch defaults to off and the button would need to be pushed to turn the device on. I am looking to get the opposite setup where it defaults to on so the button would need to be pushed to turn off and light up the OFF led light. I am assuming the S/S stop switch does this.

If I can send 12 volts to the led light in the switch, I will try pulling the brown wire from the FCIM connector that comes from pin 1 and connect it to there. This would have my device wires going straight to the switch, bypassing the FCIM.

Thanks for the helpful information and part number.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
snow plow wiring.pdf (300.3 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by carrierj; 06-08-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by carrierj
So do you think it would be ok to send 12 volts to the LED in the switch?

I first experimented with the snow plow switch. I got the switch to work after enabling snow plow in the FCIM only. I put a meter on the brown wire at pin 1 and it was 7 volts or so from the FCIM. Pushing the button also disabled the heated seats. I pulled the white ground switch wire from the FCIM connector that comes from pin 2 and ran it to something else and it worked, momentarily of course. Pulling this wire no longer disabled the heated seats. I will experiment with relays to get the momentary signal to remain constant. However the snow plow switch defaults to off and the button would need to be pushed to turn the device on. I am looking to get the opposite setup where it defaults to on so the button would need to be pushed to turn off and light up the OFF led light. I am assuming the S/S stop switch does this.

If I can send 12 volts to the led light in the switch, I will try pulling the brown wire from the FCIM connector that comes from pin 1 and connect it to there. This would have my device wires going straight to the switch, bypassing the FCIM.

Thanks for the helpful information and part number.
I don't think the logic to default to on or off is in the switch its self. I believe the switch is just a momentary switch and another module would control if it defaults to on or off on start up. Probably have to look into enabling the start stop in the FCIM and use the same brown (pin 24) wire for the illumination

when I was testing the PTBA switch I sent one of wires 12 volt and it lights up the "on" so I would assume the same but I can't a find the info for the start stop switch a this time.
carrierj (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 181 Likes on 118 Posts

Slightly off topic:

If I remove the wire from pin 1 while auto start/stop is disabled would that only stop the light from lighting up? I have done the jumper wire hack and would lie to disable the light as it's always on.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:33 AM

I don't think the logic to default to on or off is in the switch its self. I believe the switch is just a momentary switch and another module would control if it defaults to on or off on start up. Probably have to look into enabling the start stop in the FCIM and use the same brown (pin 24) wire for the illumination

when I was testing the PTBA switch I sent one of wires 12 volt and it lights up the "on" so I would assume the same but I can't a find the info for the start stop switch a this time.
Thanks again Lucas, you've been very helpful. I will bypass the FCIM and use the two wires from the switch. I wanted the switch to have an off light. I will wire the device to be on at startup and use the switch to turn off/on using 4 SPDT relays and a couple of diodes to use the momentary signal for a constant output, as below.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by BubbaKen
Slightly off topic:

If I remove the wire from pin 1 while auto start/stop is disabled would that only stop the light from lighting up? I have done the jumper wire hack and would lie to disable the light as it's always on.
I believe so
Old 06-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by carrierj
Thanks again Lucas, you've been very helpful. I will bypass the FCIM and use the two wires from the switch. I wanted the switch to have an off light. I will wire the device to be on at startup and use the switch to turn off/on using 4 SPDT relays and a couple of diodes to use the momentary signal for a constant output, as below.

You're welcome. Awesome. Might want to looking into using a relay box. I have used a few of these relay boxes on various projects.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-FORD-MU...-/322519105421

actually used one yesterday from an old f150 for trailer lights on an escape.

Last edited by lucas8888; 06-08-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:49 AM

awesome. Might want to looking into using a relay box. I have used a few of these relay boxes on various projects.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-FORD-MU...-/322519105421

actually used one yesterday from an old f150 for trailer lights on an escape.
Yeah, my next thing was to figure out something later to contain the relays.
Thanks for the idea and link.