Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Ambient Mod Flow Thru Console Cupholder

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:48 PM

Received 442 Likes on 329 Posts

Hey is one of those harnesses for me? No, I want the one with the ambient lights already installed.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I'll take you up on that, if he passes, boosted! I'm really worried about messing up and having to buy a whole center console so a spare would help calm my nerves. I'll pm you
Old 02-19-2017, 09:52 PM

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Yes, lol, one is for you. Plug n play with oem connectors. ....as far as the cupholder I'll keep an eye out for you.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm really hoping some indiscreet cornering lamps are part of your future plans. With the tinted windows, they would be beneficial on dark nights. Keep it up though and it won't be long before Ford hires you away from the forum. lol
Old 02-20-2017, 09:59 AM

Received 178 Likes on 147 Posts

The rear cup holder looks fantastic! Is possible when the dust clears somebody can do a write up how to pop out both cup holders since experience might save from busting tabs etc. and what ga. wire is needed to tap in center console cup holder to go to the rear. I can't wait to do my Lariat's rear. Thanks to both of you guys for your work and lots of time it definitely shows.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:13 AM
ModManiac

Received 310 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by tinner1
The rear cup holder looks fantastic! Is possible when the dust clears somebody can do a write up how to pop out both cup holders since experience might save from busting tabs etc. and what ga. wire is needed to tap in center console cup holder to go to the rear. I can't wait to do my Lariat's rear. Thanks to both of you guys for your work and lots of time it definitely shows.
Not much to write up here honestly....
The hardest part is to remove and harder to put back in the front console cover.
Per manual (copyright ford/helm inc)...

Torx to unscrew the front cup holder once the cover is off.
This will give access to the wiring.

Rear is easy. just pull up, 4 retainer snap clips release the padded section with cup holder attached.

Cup holders themselves can then be unscrewed from holders as individual parts. My original thread shows pics of my front apart, rear is about the same.

Wires are about 22 GA, small. Tap all 3 run wires under console box to rear of console.

Mod the cup holders per my original thread with pics, or better, find the right part number that has ambient slots/holder built in.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by flsdiver
The hardest part is to remove and harder to put back in the front console cover.

Rear is easy. just pull up, 4 retainer snap clips release the padded section with cup holder attached.

Cup holders themselves can then be unscrewed from holders as individual parts. My original thread shows pics of my front apart, rear is about the same.

Wires are about 22 GA, small. Tap all 3 run wires under console box to rear of console.

Mod the cup holders per my original thread with pics, or better, find the right part number that has ambient slots/holder built in.
agreed!
Old 02-20-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 178 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by flsdiver

Thanks flsdiver-just pulled rear cup holder out of console, ambient wiring harness is visible, now need to buy cup holder with ambient lighting.You are a very patient man to cut slits with a razor blade in cup holder for lights. It would be sweet if I didn't have to mess with center console, just need to figure what color wire would go on what tab (assuming)male on new cup holder.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:41 PM

Ok, so I have been PM'd more than a dozen times asking about cupholder part #'s....Though its not the LED front cupholder that I used, this part number is for the front cupholder...by switching the last 2 letters, you arrive at various versions of this. I will tryn see if I can nail it down to the LED cupholder trim, but at least this will give you a start if you also wanna play around with it.
FL3Z-1504567-DA

Try CA, CJ, BA, AA....etc.

Last edited by 2016BoostedGreyGoose; 02-27-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:46 PM

Im fairly confident that this is it.....

GL3Z-1504567-CA

or

GL3Z-1504567-ea

Last edited by 2016BoostedGreyGoose; 02-27-2017 at 03:48 PM.