Topic Sponsor
Electrical, Lights and Audio "How-To" articles pertaining to the Electrical System (including Lights and Audio) of an F150

Wiper switch replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiper switch replacement

So the other day i got chased by dogs while i was on my front yard with my daughter the first thing i did i put her in the truck and i tried climbing after her but the first thing i could grab onto was the wiper switch on the steering wheel column and it broke. Ive been looking for the part to replace it but everywhere i go they don't have the right one. I even went to 3 different ford dealerships they come out with one that the hight beams are turned on by pulling on the lever. My original switch activates the high beams when the lever is pushed forward. A guy from the dealer told me that maybe once i plug in the new wiper switch it can be pushed forward but if it cant be pushed forward i cant return it because its electronic. Has anyone else broken theirs and did you guys find the replacement like the one im looking for? If so can you guys put a link to it if possible please?? Or do y’all know if the wiper they been trying to sell me will work just fine?
Old 09-26-2017, 08:12 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

It's a pretty common switch (multi function switch). If the Ford dealer tells you it's the right one for your truck, it probably is.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:00 AM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Just curious what year truck you are inquiring about ? Your avatar is late series model and your profile says 2013... This is the 87 to 96 section.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Energized
Just curious what year truck you are inquiring about ? Your avatar is late series model and your profile says 2013... This is the 87 to 96 section.
yea its a 2013.. sob im still new to this sorry