Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

wont start but cranks after putting in front fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont start but cranks after putting in front fuel pump

im having same issues, but mine started after i replace my front tank fuel pump.
1992 ford f150 Inline 6 "4.9l"
got fuel
got spark
replaced tps
injectors are not clicking though
fuel inertia switch is good
i need my work truck back guys plz help
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------originally posted in the electrical threads or posts,,,,,

finally figured out the front pump i put in was not for a 92 f150 but rather for a 88 f150 "has booster pump close to the engine".,,,, so pretty much replacing the following parts
1. tps sensor
2. ICM
3. pickup coil "PIP"
4. ignition coil
5. EEC "computer"
still didnt run, so i removed the front tank and fuel pump, blocked off those 2 fuel connections and now im running on just a rear tank.
the pump i put in the front tank apparently was a low pressure pump. but after all that and removing the tank and pump, my truck starts and runs once again. the things in life that make go . really bothers me.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:20 AM

Default same issue

I have a 95 f-150 xlt 6 cyl. I had to replace distributor and coil, put in new wires, plugs, etc, and had it running pretty good. Then all of sudden it stopped again after a few days. Now it turns over and won't start. After all of the new stuff. Can you tell me a next step to figure out what may be wrong with it???
Old 08-23-2013, 02:29 AM

check the computer, "pull the codes". have you replaced the ignition control module"ICM". other then that dude, i honestly couldnt tell you. it took me 2 months to figure out my problems, everything i replaced was fried anyways.

things youve done hope fully.
1. pull codes, being 95 you may have obd2 or the eec4 "obd1"
2.wires and plugs, check that one off
3.ditributor, "PIP" Profile ignition pickup. check that one off, have autozone or some test it first"
4.Coil "ignition coil" check that one off, have it rechecked first though.
5. check fuel rail for fuel pressure"unknown" you could have a bad relay
6. pull the computer out of truck and pop the lid off off it and look for corrosion around the capacitors"or if the tops of the capacitors are popped open". then your computer may be fried, this in my opinion should be the last thing that be wrong in your truck.

ask around,some one may have a better answer for you,

Last edited by emerald92; 08-23-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Quick Reply: wont start but cranks after putting in front fuel pump