Stalled while driving, not starting. - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Pre-1997 F150 > How-To Section
Stalled while driving, not starting. >

Stalled while driving, not starting.

Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

Stalled while driving, not starting.

Old 08-15-2016, 12:15 AM

Default Stalled while driving, not starting.

I have a 95 F150 with a 5.8. Its got 280k miles and a few weeks ago it kept stalling as I would accelerate, and as soon as I let off the gas it would try to run again like normal. Replaced the distributor cap/rotor, ran fine.
Then the other day it stalled while driving and won't start. It turned over several times with no issue but would not catch. Jumped it, nothing. Took battery out and fully charged it, nothing. Had battery and alternator tested, battery passed, alternator failed. But now when i try to start there's one click then nothing. Tried a 2nd time, it kept clicking this time even with the key out until i disconnected the battery.

Double checked all of my connections, cant figure out how with a bad alternator it was trying to start better than with a new one.

Any cheap ideas for me to try? Can't sink a lot of money into it but can't afford a new vehicle for a couple months.

Also- in accessory mode my power windows/lights work and the battery light and check engine light is on.

Last edited by Amjhdrummer; 08-15-2016 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Add more details.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:53 PM

Sounds like a ground wire may be corroding away

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stalled while driving, not starting.

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: