New truck help, clutch and rear end - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Pre-1997 F150 > How-To Section
New truck help, clutch and rear end >

New truck help, clutch and rear end

Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

New truck help, clutch and rear end

Old 01-15-2018, 07:49 AM

Default New truck help, clutch and rear end

Hey guys, new to the forum. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Anyways, i got an 89 f150 with a 302 and 4 speed transmission. Itís on 35ís. I planned on getting a rear from a junkyard and buying a new clutch. How do i know which clutch i need? I saw a bunch of different ones. Iím not looking for anything special but didnít know if i should upgrade for the larger tires. Same thing goes for the rear. How would i feel what i need at the junkyard? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by John.h916 View Post
Hey guys, new to the forum. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Anyways, i got an 89 f150 with a 302 and 4 speed transmission. Itís on 35ís. I planned on getting a rear from a junkyard and buying a new clutch. How do i know which clutch i need? I saw a bunch of different ones. Iím not looking for anything special but didnít know if i should upgrade for the larger tires. Same thing goes for the rear. How would i feel what i need at the junkyard? Thanks in advance.
The axle code in my door jamb is 19, just got home and checked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New truck help, clutch and rear end

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: