Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

1993 F-150 XL AC install on no AC truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 1993 F-150 XL AC install on no AC truck

My truck is 93 4.9 ZF 5 sp 4x4 A few details, my truck originally came from Colorado where ac was an option in 93. I live in Texas where you need ac 10 months of the year so when I purchased this truck 5 years ago I went to a salvage yard an purchased an ac unit from a F-150 4.9 and did nothing for 4 years finally it was time to install..I don't remember year model but must have been a 95, cause the 93 ac core I ordered from Rock Auto was to large for my core box, so went to Orielly's and purchased one for 95 model which fit. When I started this I purchased all the old parts, dryer hoses compressor condensor plus ac unit but with the change in refrigant decided to replace used with new all except for hoses, ok here's my problem. My 93 has a factory wiring harness with ac connectors, well most, I have the compressor connector the dryer low pressure switch connector but do not have the high pressure switch on the small hose coming from the compressor, the switch is there in the liquid line hose but nothing on the wiring harness to connect to. Also have no power to compressor from harness, checked fuze all good, have power at control selector on dash. We ran a jumper wire to compressor and it started working with jumper for power source, but nothing from harness connector. I don't know what to do any help would br appreciated..I know I can run a hot wire with on /off switch to compressor and call it good but that's not me I want it done right...thanks

Last edited by roundrockcrawler; 08-06-2016 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Info

Quick Reply: 1993 F-150 XL AC install on no AC truck