Topic Sponsor

Shifting problems 94 lightning

Old 01-15-2014, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shifting problems 94 lightning

I have a 94 lightning that started having shift issues, I just got the whole transmission rebuilt and has been driving fine since (3 months). Whenever I put it in drive it won't go past the 2nd gear. Sometimes climbing through gears it tries to shift and bangs real hard into the next gear. Also my speedometer shakes rapidly and is an e40d tranny. Thanks
Old 01-15-2014, 04:15 PM

I have a 94 lightning that started having shift issues, I just got the whole transmission rebuilt and has been driving fine since (3 months). Whenever I put it in drive it won't go past the 2nd gear. Sometimes climbing through gears it tries to shift and bangs real hard into the next gear. Also my speedometer shakes rapidly and is an e40d tranny. Thanks h
Old 01-15-2014, 04:18 PM

[QUOTE="wadez17;3230194"]I have a 94 lightning that started having shift issues, I just got the whole transmission rebuilt and has been driving fine since (3 months). Whenever I put it in drive it won't go past the 2nd gear. Sometimes climbing through gears it tries to shift and bangs real hard into the next gear. Also my speedometer shakes rapidly and is an e40d tranny, had all ignition parts replaced, cannot be the motor, thinking it could need a new computer, thanks.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the two wires coming from the VSS on top of the rear differential all the way to the frame. You will have to remove it from the protective housing. You probaby have a short (exposed wired) inside the housing. It is a common problem that causes the speedometer to jump. It also will cause the tranny to shift hard because of the corrupted signal being read by the EEC. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shifting problems 94 lightning