Topic Sponsor

Pro Start CT-3271

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pro Start CT-3271

Hey. I got a Pro Start remote starter for Christmas. I installed it (not my first time doing so, but first time on an older F150). Followed the instructions to a 'T', everything works right except for the heater. I connected the Orange "Accessory" wire to the grey/yellow stripe wire in the ignition harness as per the instructions but nothing works. Only the engine starts. I checked for power to that wire with key on in 'run' position and there was...but no key, no power, not even with the remote start activated. I tried other wires in the harness hot with key in 'run', other things like the radio and digital odometer worked but still no heater motor. I then tried hooking directly to the heater switch...bad idea. Blew a bunch of fuses and fried my blower motor resistor too.
Looked it up on www.the12volt.com and it too says to hook to the grey/yellow wire. Anybody have any experience with this? Pointless to have a remote starter if the heat doesn't work until the key is in the ignition and in the 'run' position...thanks...
Old 12-29-2014, 03:43 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

You need the Gray/Yellow and Black/Green wires to be connected to the remote starter. If the system only has one accessory control wire but has two ignition control wires hook the g/y up to acc and b/g up to ign2 wire, if it only has one of each then both g/y and b/g need to be connected to your acc control wire.

This is how mine is hooked up, bulldog remote starter but properties should be the same.

Here is a list of wires mine needed for everything to work properly:
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew...gdiagrams.aspx

Last edited by fltdriver; 12-29-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:44 AM

Thanks fltdriver. I'll have a look at it the weekend. I'm thinking I have a 2 ignition wire, one acc wire setup (with a 2nd acc wire available for a starter kill relay) which isn't necessary for this truck. I think I put both ignition wires to large yellow ignition wires and then the acc wire to the black/green wire. This tells me I should re-connect the acc wire to the grey/yellow wire, and the ignition 2 wire to the black/green wire. All the instructions I had never said anything about the black/green wire being needed, but I ended up connecting to it because it was a "hot in run" wire that I found through trial and error.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:17 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

Mine:
Ign1:Red/light blue
Ign2: Black/Green
Acc: Gray/Yellow
Old 12-31-2014, 09:42 AM

I have to change a front axle U-joint tomorrow if the spindle bearing arrives in time, so that will be a good time to check it out while I have it in a heated garage. About -10 here today, far too cold to be fooling with it outdoors. I'll try hooking it up the same as yours and see how it works for me. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Pro Start CT-3271