Topic Sponsor

Nothin works on the wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nothin works on the wheel

When I bought my 94 f150 6 years ago nothing worked on the steering wheel, I mean the horn and cruise control. A buddy of mine told me there was a recall on em for this so I went tot he local ford garage in Wyoming where I was living at the time and they ran the vin. No luck, they told me the recall fix had already been done, I told em it musta not worked cause it don't work! They pretty much told me tuff ****, ford would not pay them to fix it again. What's the deal, anyone know? Is it something I can fix easily or inexpensively? I don't wanna dump too much into this 20 year old truck cause I think it's gonna die on me sooner or later but it keeps goin and goin and goin. It's been a good one!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:08 PM

Received 102 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by stormyday
When I bought my 94 f150 6 years ago nothing worked on the steering wheel, I mean the horn and cruise control. A buddy of mine told me there was a recall on em for this so I went tot he local ford garage in Wyoming where I was living at the time and they ran the vin. No luck, they told me the recall fix had already been done, I told em it musta not worked cause it don't work! They pretty much told me tuff ****, ford would not pay them to fix it again. What's the deal, anyone know? Is it something I can fix easily or inexpensively? I don't wanna dump too much into this 20 year old truck cause I think it's gonna die on me sooner or later but it keeps goin and goin and goin. It's been a good one!
Is it plugged in? Seriously, have you pulled the center piece off the wheel and made sure its all plugged in?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sir
Old 01-21-2014, 10:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stormyday

You need to pull the steering wheel and replace the clock spring. Mine was like that when I got it, replaced the clock spring and everything works. Pretty easy to do. Just research it before you start and you can rent a steering wheel puller from advance or autozone.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 AM

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by TeddFoxx

You need to pull the steering wheel and replace the clock spring. Mine was like that when I got it, replaced the clock spring and everything works. Pretty easy to do. Just research it before you start and you can rent a steering wheel puller from advance or autozone.
X2

Quick Reply: Nothin works on the wheel