Topic Sponsor

Mystery Cable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 01:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mystery Cable?

I have a 1987 F150 and it's been in my possession for less than 2 weeks. I'm still learning the ins and outs, and have bought Chilton and Haynes repair manuals. But while vacuuming the carpet, I saw behind the bench seat a cable that puzzled me. I flipped through the books and couldn't find anything, but I really don't know what I'm looking for (I'm not mechanically inclined whatsoever, but I'm trying to learn). Included are 2 pictures, one picture of the cables hooked and one picture of them unhooked. One side comes through the middle seatbelt area, and the other is on the back wall area. I haven't a clue as to what it hooks up to and does.. Please forgive my ignorance and help me figure it out

Old 06-15-2017, 09:13 AM

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

likely the sensor cable for the seat belt light on the dash..
Old 06-19-2017, 09:51 AM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Seatbelt plug for the buzzer/light. It could be for power lumbar if you have that; they look the same.
Anyway it's not supposed to be plugged in that way; drop the seat end back down through the seatbelt hole and plug it in under the seat. The way it is the wires could get rubbed bare and cause a short.