Topic Sponsor

Chasing Gremlins: Locks, Windows, Dome Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 11:55 AM
All That Is Man

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chasing Gremlins: Locks, Windows, Dome Light

I'm having some electrical issues on the driver's door of my regular cab 95.

The door lock switch doesn't work, though on the passengers side the switch will lock but not unlock. I replaced the switch itself and didn't do a think.

The windows work most of the time, going up and down like a champ. But sometimes it's go up and stop halfway and not work anymore. I can turn the truck off and come back later and it'll roll right back up no problem.

And the dome light doesn't come on when I open the driver's door. It works when I open the passenger door, but not the driver's door. I replaced the door jam button on the drivers door and it made no difference.

And I don't know if this means anything or not, but there's no buzzer when I open the door with the keys in the ignition or if I leave the lights on when I turn it off. Didn't know if there was suppose to be a buzzer or not. Checked the fuse and it's fine. Any suggestions?
Old 09-22-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Sounds like a wiring harness issue maybe ? First check the plug - it's on the aluminum block that holds the column, on the left.
The power windows are on a circuit breaker - when the driver's window quits, does the passenger side still work ?