Topic Sponsor

87 f150 OBD1/Test Connector Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 87 f150 OBD1/Test Connector Wiring

I have a 87 F150 with 302, not original engine. Whoever installed the engine and did the wiring removed the test,ODB2, port an jumper wire. Looking for a wiring diagram to user to install an new port and for getting codes. I have a digram but it only have "To Self Test" and not the actual plug. Also the the color code is a little off. I have found 4 cut wires which I think goes to the port, but would like to make sure. Still looking for the jumper plug...
Old 03-19-2019, 01:12 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Click these & read the captions:

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

(phone app link)
Old 03-19-2019, 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=Steve83;6134222]Click these & read the captions:

Steve83,

Thanks, I am not seeing the same colors on the wiring diagrams. The colors I have are Tan/Grn, Wht/Red, Tan/Red, and Blk/Wht (the white on Blk/Wht is hard to see). So far those are the only wires cut/not connected where the test plugs should be. Still looking though. This is the wiring diagram I have been using and it matches with the cut wires. I modified it to show the wires colors I mentioned...

Old 03-19-2019, 05:12 PM

Steve83,

Using one of your wiring diagrams and the wiring diagram I had, I came up with this wiring diagram by referencing PCM/ECU from your diagram. The only thing, there are still 2 wires to be found (for pin/port D and F) and not sure about the black wire I have going to pin/pot E. Any suggestions and modifications would be appreciated...

Old 03-20-2019, 01:19 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

In the 2nd caption, try the 2nd link from the bottom - the one to BBB Industries.

Not all sockets in the connector are used on all trucks or all years. D & F (the SCP bus) are the least-important. They're only useful if you have a Ford scantool (that still works). But your truck was probably built withOUT them.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Steve83
In the 2nd caption, try the 2nd link from the bottom - the one to BBB Industries.

Not all sockets in the connector are used on all trucks or all years. D & F (the SCP bus) are the least-important. They're only useful if you have a Ford scantool (that still works). But your truck was probably built withOUT them.

If you are talking about this link: http://www.bbbind.com/free_tsb.html (E-mail req'd but not checked; switch to WIRING DIAGRAMS)

It goes to the site and page but there is a 500 - Internal server error on it...

Thanks again

Quick Reply: 87 f150 OBD1/Test Connector Wiring