Topic Sponsor

1991 f150 fuel pump issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 f150 fuel pump issue

1991 f150 300i6 5 speed. Dual tanks. Truck say for about a week and was running fine. Moved it to the front yard to haul limbs off and no start. I checked the obvious and found I wasn't getting any spark. I changed pickup under the distributer, cap rotor button,coil, and icm. The truck still wouldn't start. At this time I've noticed the full pump wasn't priming when I turned the key on. So I changed the fuel pump relay. Still doesn't prime when turned on. Checked for power at the locations of the relay ( thats not clicking when key is switch on) theres power on both legs that need power for it to work. Checked eec relay ( which clicks when ignitin is turned on ) I can manually make the pumps come on by jumping out the FP relay. I get fuel to the fuel rail. Still will not start. I have checked the inertia switch as well as jumping it out. Still nothing. If I pull the pip connector out and use ether it will start and run as long as your spraying either in it. Im lost can you guys help me out?
Old 06-22-2021, 04:26 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Is there a ground wire at the pump? Mouse chewed it atop the tank?

Quick Reply: 1991 f150 fuel pump issue