Topic Sponsor

need interior parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need interior parts

I am having trouble finding used interior parts for my 86 f150 xlt lariat. The previous owner must have put some sort of dressing (armor all) and as it turned dark brown (as it was when I got the truck) it ate the graining off of the plastic interior parts. The only way to get the brown junk off is to scrape it off, and when you do you find that the brown junk has destroyed the graining. Have scraped it , and painted it, but its not looking good because of the graining being gone. Need kick panels, seat belt covers, and door panels, would like blue but will paint anything decent. any hints will be grateful for.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:28 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

JY (local & online), CL, LetGo, eBay... I don't think those parts are in production, or that they ever will be again. If anyone has them new, I'd expect it to be LMC Truck, Jeff's BroncoGraveyard, Green Sales, Mac's Antiques, or JCWhitney.

I have a few in my junkpile, but they're mostly tan. Put your location in your profile, and all your truck's details in your signature.

(phone app link)
The following users liked this post:
dandaman (04-07-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Steve, I have looked at all those sources, a bit expensive for a guy on a budget. The interior is the blue, I think the only had one blue, would like to know if you are interested in selling door panels, dont really care what color they are, it all paints well. Also looking for the seat belt covers that fit in the back corners of the cab, floor to ceiling, and the kick panels. All my parts in good shape just dont have any graining on them. I have messed with old cars for 50 years and never seen anything like this brown junk. Appreciate all you help

Dan
Old 04-07-2018, 07:40 PM

IDK where you thought you'd find parts cheaper than your local JYs/CL/LetGo - anything else will cost more, if only due to shipping.

I doubt I have any '80-86 door panels - I quit using them decades ago, even when my truck still looked like that year range.

(phone app link)

I know I have some tan kick panels, which would be the same for F-series. But Broncos are different behind the front seats, so I doubt I have rear cab corners that would help you. I'm about to send you a PM with my e-mail; reply by e-mail because I rarely check PMs.

Last edited by Steve83; 04-07-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dandaman,
I recently discovered Dennis Carpenter Ford online. This site has an extensive and changing inventory and when I was browsing, was crammed with 80-86 interior parts. They are proud of them because they are OEM dealer inventory buyout- type parts; odd parts and such by quantity. Facebook Marketplace is a treasure trove too. Marketplace works like CL and is more popular in my area. A specific junkyard to search is a Like Kind and Quality type that shops use. LKQ is a brand here; look in the yellow pages. These style can be queried online to see if a vehicle in the age range -8th generation for instance, is on the lot.

Last edited by stxlt; 06-12-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:53 PM

It's Dennis; not David.
http://dennis-carpenter.com/1966-96bronco/c/15/
Old 06-12-2018, 11:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve83
Indeed. I stand corrected.
I edited my post to show the correct name.

Quick Reply: need interior parts