Topic Sponsor

Interior Door/Dash Trim

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 10:37 PM
1996 F150 Supercab

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Interior Door/Dash Trim

I have a 1995 XLT and am trying to find the interior trim pieces - strips that are one on each upper door panel, two on the instrument bezel, one across the dash that has 'XLT' on the right end.

I looked at LMC and they have the dash trim but I could find nothing for the door trim.

My door trim is showing age and kind of beat up so i was looking to replace it all if I can find some.

This leads to a question about the trim - did the 1996 XLT have metal trim? I saw some on Ebay that was from a 96 and was metal, mine is plastic. Seems like it should fit and the design (silver with grey horizontal lines) appears to be the same.

Thanks!
Chris
Old 07-17-2016, 10:42 PM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Your best bet is ebay or parts cars - the door trim is really tricky to remove without breaking so you would be better off trying to find full door panels in good shape from a yard, craigslist, etc.

I purchased a set of dash trim (three pieces) with all clips in tact, a few small scratches, for $25. Door panels will go for quite a bit more if they are quality.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cadtdi
This leads to a question about the trim - did the 1996 XLT have metal trim? I saw some on Ebay that was from a 96 and was metal, mine is plastic. Seems like it should fit and the design (silver with grey horizontal lines) appears to be the same.
Pretty sure it was plastic regardless of year. I believe the 1996 models used plain black plastic instead of the silver...possibly a cost cutting measure since the model run was ending.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:50 AM
1996 F150 Supercab

I believe you are correct. My 95 XLT is plastic although the tabs are metal (on the door trim at least).

Every time I mess with all the plastic on this truck I am just unimpressed by ALL THAT PLASTIC. With a few more dollars Ford just could have done so much better...

Of course, the GMs of the period are the same. Just the times.

Hell, at least I can still work on this one. Can't say that about a new one.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door trim

What about painting with dupicolor vinyl trim paint. Or useing a vinyl wrap. Check out my truck
Old 07-29-2016, 07:50 AM
1996 F150 Supercab

Originally Posted by krick1961
What about painting with dupicolor vinyl trim paint. Or useing a vinyl wrap. Check out my truck
Nicely done! I have considered that, just scared to start...how is that dye job holding up? How long since you did it?

My 95 has Lapis Blue everywhere...not my favorite color at all, but once I deal with the drivers interior door panel, it will be about as perfect as a 20 year old interior can be.

Quick Reply: Interior Door/Dash Trim