Topic Sponsor

A couple questions ..working on fixing everything.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A couple questions ..working on fixing everything.

Love this truck....such low miles, but is still going through a few things just from age. Interior looks like new except I need to paint speaker grill..little typical rust. But I cant believe the brittle plastic they used when they built these trucks. My gear change indicator bracket just crumbled, so used some aluminum wire to strap it back in its spot. Have new multi-function switch on order, today working on cruise control, think box under hood might be rusty, can hear the cruise click when engaged but doesnt work. On 4x4 models, does the high and low 4x4 switch have orange lights on left that stay on when headlights are on? At first there were none..I cleaned connector, one for low was on. When trouble shooting my multi switch I had dash lower off and now at night I see both high and low are illuminated. Also, all my upper tabs were broken on dash that holds the cluster bezel on...all the switches, 4x4 and dual tanks tabs were broken(brittle) I used gorilla glue to attatch them to dash, But trying to figure out a good way to hold the bezel..rattles around now.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:08 AM

Received 102 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by rotwiler
Love this truck....such low miles, but is still going through a few things just from age. Interior looks like new except I need to paint speaker grill..little typical rust. But I cant believe the brittle plastic they used when they built these trucks. My gear change indicator bracket just crumbled, so used some aluminum wire to strap it back in its spot. Have new multi-function switch on order, today working on cruise control, think box under hood might be rusty, can hear the cruise click when engaged but doesnt work. On 4x4 models, does the high and low 4x4 switch have orange lights on left that stay on when headlights are on? At first there were none..I cleaned connector, one for low was on. When trouble shooting my multi switch I had dash lower off and now at night I see both high and low are illuminated. Also, all my upper tabs were broken on dash that holds the cluster bezel on...all the switches, 4x4 and dual tanks tabs were broken(brittle) I used gorilla glue to attatch them to dash, But trying to figure out a good way to hold the bezel..rattles around now.
I would recommend just getting a new bezel. The 4x4 lights only show on the dash when each switch is activated (4x4 and low) if you mean the buttons themselves (if you have the electric shift transfer) yes they "glow" when your lights are on so you can see and use them at night if you need to.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, ya I meant the little dot on the left of the switch, both have one, think the upper ones bulb is loose cause when I was messing with the dash the upper one lit up for a day or so and now isn't working again.

Quick Reply: A couple questions ..working on fixing everything.