Topic Sponsor

Unknown Sport Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 09:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Unknown Sport Package

I recently purchased a 1996 F150 xl (base model) 5.0L 5-speed monochrome red. The front fender sides and tailgate have a stylized "F150Sport" decal that I have been unable to source. The truck has a full Belltech dropped suspension, Nascar style wheels, side exhaust and a giant decal on the hood that says CAPITAL FORD RACING. I can find no reference to a "Sport" package so my assumption is that the truck may be the work of a creative dealership or conversion company. anyway the truck has such a badass look that I couldn't pass it up. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your interest.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:33 AM

Received 260 Likes on 190 Posts

Try to find Capital Ford Racing. Its probably a custom dealership add on
Old 10-05-2017, 07:38 AM

Thanks for the tip. I will also see if a Marti report might give me the info I need.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts

https://capitalfordrockymount.com/ford-performance ?
Old 10-06-2017, 05:55 AM

Thanks for the link Eric. i will run this past those folks again. When I emailed them, they directed my inquiry to their telemarketing team of 14 or 15 year old girls who want to sell me a new truck. In all fairness to Capital, my truck is over 20 years from new. It's unlikely that anyone there would remember such a promo truck. It's part of the fun of the hunt!!!!! Thanks again.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:59 AM

As soon as I get enough posts up, I can post some snapshots.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:23 PM

The motor is back in after a complete overhaul, including .030 overbore, hyper eutectic pistons, moly rings and replace every accessory, sender and sensor from the differential to the water pump hub. While performing an autopsy on the engine after I removed it, I discovered that the owner had opted out of using coolant and simply used water. The entire cooling system was choked with rust including the heater core. The lower 50% of the radiator core was completely filled with scale and rust. He claimed regular oil changes and the engine was totally clean inside the pan and lifter galley. All the piston rings were stuck in the grooves. The entire fuel system was choked with rust requiring new tanks and everything in between. The entire brake system was junk as well as wheel bearings, shock and ball joints. Did I mention that the vehicle has sat for over 10 years when I found it. I will post before and after photos when I have enough posts. Thanks for watching.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:24 PM

Update. The truck runs!!!!! The mystery surrounding the trucks origin is coming into focus. The Marti report shows the truck was delivered to CAPITOL CITY FORD in Indianapolis on or about 3-20-1996. Information there are pretty fuzzy so I will drive the truck over to jog some aging memories. The current GM has been there for over 25 years, so that is a good sign. The truck is possibly a one-off done in-house and kept as a demo. After lingering in their inventory for nearly a year, it was sold at a wholesale auto auction in Florida, and thus began it's life in the sunshine state. I will post some snaps when I have enough posts.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:40 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I look forward to seeing some pictures, could just use an independant host like tinypic.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:22 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

This explains how to upload & post pics:
http://www.supermotors.net/forums/th...-and-or-videos