Topic Sponsor

Replacing bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Replacing bumper

I am going to replace my front bumper with another stock one. I am trying to keep my truck looking stock. I have a '96 XL, so the bumper is as plain as it gets. I am going to get one from LMC and it comes in primer. I pretty sure my old one is argent.

What I would like to know is, can a bumper be painter with Duplicolor spray paint and come out looking good? Or should I by auto paint and spray it with my HVLP sprayer?

I redid my rims with Duplicolor while they were on the truck and they turned out OK. But since the bumper will be off, I'd have time to do a better job.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:58 AM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

I used undercoating on my bumper and it came out looking very nice. if its the basic 2 whole no frills bumper like mine it comes gloss black. if your good with a rattle can just prep it and paint it with duplicolor. shouldnt be an issue. if its a show truck pay for the HVLP paint job. I have painted a 2006 Subaru WRX sti using Napas paint match system of paint came out looking cleaner then it was the guy was amazied i did that with just a spray can

Quick Reply: Replacing bumper