Topic Sponsor

No doors?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No doors?!

Sooooo I saw a gmc 1500 with no doors today. Didn't look TOO bad. I was thinkin about doing it to my 94 f150. Anyone try this before? Any experiences. Failures. Etc.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:22 PM
It's a Canadian thing eh!

Received 195 Likes on 188 Posts

Well it would be almost the same as if you would with a jeep, but its gonna suck when you have rain coming down or someone stealing from you're truck. The jeep doors come off and put back on in a minute where the F150's door are allot heavier and harder to do, plus they have to be aligned properly to close.

Not to mention you won't have door speakers for the radio.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by sylver91
Well it would be almost the same as if you would with a jeep, but its gonna suck when you have rain coming down or someone stealing from you're truck. The jeep doors come off and put back on in a minute where the F150's door are allot heavier and harder to do, plus they have to be aligned properly to close.

Not to mention you won't have door speakers for the radio.
I'm not too worried about the rain. We've been on a bit of a dry spell in my part of jersey. As for stealing. There's nothing in the truck to begin with except me. And the It's only gonna be for work. I drive around all day and not having ac is killing me. They don't close properly as it is. They need to be slammed then once almost closed slammed again.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's really simple to do as I have the doors off of my bronco 2. But as posted above you will not have speakers unless you have subs or something that doesn't run to the doors. It's a little bit more of a pain to take off if you have power windows.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Greene
It's really simple to do as I have the doors off of my bronco 2. But as posted above you will not have speakers unless you have subs or something that doesn't run to the doors. It's a little bit more of a pain to take off if you have power windows.
Nope. Manual windows and locks. I have the back speakers (standard cab with two back speakers)
Old 07-17-2013, 07:37 PM

Like that.
Attached Thumbnails No doors?!-image-780577693.jpg  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Dodge+Ford = always ready

Received 112 Likes on 110 Posts

the minor issues you would have should be pretty obvious, do it if you think it looks good.

the only issue i see that could be a somewhat big problems is if you ever have to move anything expensive, or a sudden rain storm hits, it will take you a little while to get the doors on.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by f150cam
the minor issues you would have should be pretty obvious, do it if you think it looks good.

the only issue i see that could be a somewhat big problems is if you ever have to move anything expensive, or a sudden rain storm hits, it will take you a little while to get the doors on.
What do u mean by having to move something expensive?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:09 PM
DIY

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by f150cam

There is a reason Ford installed reinforcing beams in their doors. In the event sombody t-bones your rig or drifts over into your lane, you still have a chance to keep your legs and pelvis out of harms way. Without them, seriously consider installing a couple of rock crawler tube doors, that can be mounted to the front hinge points and incorporating a stock door latch assembly to keep them secured to the B-pillar for both sides of the cab. Add some roll bar padding, and your rig will be safer for you and any passengers along for the ride. Check out these images: http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...90ovt&fr=moz35
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Dodge+Ford = always ready

Received 112 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ18MsyOak
What do u mean by having to move something expensive?
hauling something like a stereo system, tv ect ect in the cab of your truck for a friend or what have you. now you can plan for stuff like that, but there is always a chance that something will happen out of the blue. unless ofc you have another vehicle.

in short, the risk of theft from you running into the store and forgetting your cell or anything else of value sitting on the seat.

Last edited by f150cam; 07-17-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: No doors?!