Topic Sponsor

Lariat door decals.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 07:44 PM

Received 132 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Lariat door decals.

When my truck was new, part of the xlt lariat trim was a decal around the exterior lock. Almost none of the trucks still have them, but you can see that there is a rectangle around the lock where the paint is in better condition on a most xlt lariats. When my truck is done being rebuilt, I really want it to look how it did when it was new (except for a few things like my mudflaps, grille guard, and toolbox) So im going to make sure it has the molded side trim, all of the badges, and I'm even going to redo the grey double pin stripe across the body.
But so basically, what im asking is where can I find a place to buy these little decals, I have seen a few of them in a junkyard, but I am have not been able to figure out how to remove them without destroying them. Id attach a picture of them, but I can't find any. So either they all fell off of 99% of these trucks a LONG time ago, or I'm just crazy and there was no factory door trim, which would bring up the questions of "what are the decals that I saw at the junkyard", and "why do so many trucks have a rectangle of good paint around the lock."
Old 05-20-2019, 10:57 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Post pics of whatever you see; on your truck, or any other. Personally, I don't remember anything around the door lock cylinders from the factory, and it wouldn't make sense because they'd get shredded instantly from all the key contact.

I do remember aftermarket self-adhesive stainless door protectors being popular - especially those with the brand logo below the cylinder. That would be common & produce a clean rectangle around the cylinder.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/381866448930

Last edited by Steve83; 05-21-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Lariat door decals.