Topic Sponsor

Help to ID Body Part

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help to ID Body Part

My son broke out passenger side headlight assembly on his 1994 F150, 2x4, Flare side. Underneath the light but above bumper is a small metal trim piece that goes along the whole front of the truck. What is it called? Having a hard time finding it on any site to include LMC? On LMC I think it is on the picture but ghosted with no part number. Any insight is appreciated. (PICTURE ATTACHED)
Old 01-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,133 Likes on 2,834 Posts

I've always called it a filler panel
Old 01-24-2019, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome...I typed in Filler Panel, also called Stone Deflector. Found on eBay for $54 including shipping. Here in four Days. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 01-24-2019, 11:57 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

To change it, you have to remove the grille (for access to the center stone guard bolt), and the 2 bolts & several screws at the front of each front wheelwell (for access to the 2 bolts at each end of the stone guard). Study this & the NEXT 2 diagrams, and their captions:

(phone app link)

Stone guard tools: 8mm (5/16") & 4.5mm (7/32") sockets/extensions/ratchet, #2 phillips (5 grille screws), penetrating oil (you should start that now, on the front wheelwell bolts)

Pulling the bumper (21mm nuts) might make it SLIGHTLY easier to get at the stone guard, and it gives you (him) a good opportunity to straighten the frame tabs & align the bumper to the body.

(phone app link)

Instead of direct-replacement headlights (which were never very good, and will fog up quickly), I recommend these DOT-legal projectors:

(phone app link)

They can be had with chromed interiors (though chrome trim is hard to find).

Quick Reply: Help to ID Body Part