Topic Sponsor

Vibration when left off the gas

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration when left off the gas

Hello Wise Ones,
I will try make this quick and to the point. I have a 95 F150 and it has a 5 or 6" Lift. The whole time Ive had the truck is has had the lift and this vibration. It Vibrates when you left off the gas, but only at speeds above 80Km/h. Drives smooth anything below 80. The Faster the you the worse it gets, and I would say doing about 100 km/h you notice the vibration all the time (not only when coasting).

I have checked and changed every U joint of the Rear Driveshaft, and it seemed to help slightly, but certaintly did not fix the issue.
That is where my knowledge and experience stops, and I am looking for advice, or links to other threads on this topic.

I suspect the lift could have something to do with it and the diff. The rear diff is just spaced up with blocks. I assume the Pinion angle would not change if the front and back was lifted the same, so I dont think that is it.

I dont really know how to check the diff angle, so if anyone is willing to chime in I am willing to try it. I rotating the yoke when I had the shaft off (if I am talking about the right thing) from the diff, and it moves about 1/4" turn, which I believe is normal.

This is my first post here, so thank you, and looking forward to some brilliant responses.

Last edited by TheEnduroist; 02-08-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:06 PM

Received 137 Likes on 133 Posts

Have you had the tires balanced?
The following users liked this post:
TheEnduroist (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah tires are good. Does it with the old summers, and same with the new winters.
Thanks for the suggestion