Topic Sponsor

Slave Cylinder Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave Cylinder Trouble

Hey there, I'm a little new to the F150 Forums, but I've been reading here for quite some time. This time I can't manage to find an answer to my problem.

I recently bought a 1996 Ford F150 4X4. It came with a burnt out clutch, and in need of some new tires. After closer inspection I found that I needed to replace the slave as it somehow got a crack in it's housing. I figured while I had the transmission out it would be a good time to change it. I went to Napa and bought a new slave and a hydraulic line to go with it. After everything was installed and the transmission was back in, I discovered that the hydraulic line refused to go into the slave and stay there. It just kept popping back out. I tried the old line and it did the same thing. I even took out the metal piece that holds the line into the slave to bend the teeth in more, but still no dice. I can't see any difference between the new and old slave, other than the old one is dusty. Is there something I'm missing here that I just can't see, or do I need to rip it all apart again and find another replacement? I'd bring it back to Napa but my warranty is voided the minute it's installed. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!