Topic Sponsor

Problems with trans?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with trans?

I have a 95 f150 5.0 4x4 automatic. I've been putting it into hard work the last year and half lately it seems to be lagging. Especially when turning or warming up the rpms drop super low almost to the point of stailing and throttling to move forward lags until I step on it and get rpms up to 3k. Also It sounds like a clicking noise under driver's side of cab. I threw a code for tps and iac. Changed both problem still happens. Also fixed up the evap up. I'm thinking maybe trans is burnt up and needs a rebuild. Anyone know a good shop in NJ? Also anyone who' had a similar issue how much was it to fix up? Thanks.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:51 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

You're guessing blindly. Codes do NOT mean to replace parts. Don't pick a word or part name out of a code definition - read, understand, & POST the complete definition (and code number) for each code you get. Use only a jumper wire to read codes - scanners are NOT reliable, and commonly deliver spurious codes, or incorrect definitions. The list in this caption is specific to these trucks:

(phone app link)

You should also put ALL the truck's details into your signature so we can see them with each of your posts:

(phone app link)

Don't leave out the maintenance history (brands, PNs, source, dates/miles, reasons, pro or DIY repair...) or a FULL list of the options the truck was built with ("stock" is a useless description because there were so many variations) and ALL the mods since (even tires).

Have you checked the ATF? Is it at the correct level? What brand & type is it? Does it look & smell like new fluid, or does it stink like it's burned? Does it look like strawberry milk shake, or old blood?

(phone app link)
Old 09-19-2018, 12:49 PM

I did do the jumper its obd1 and I ohms out the tps the tps was no good I checked with service manual the range was way off. The evap solenoid valve had rotted hoses to throrttle body that definitely would've leak so I changed them I noticed when I had to pull to change tps and I decided to just change the iac at the same time for ease. Wires coming from comp were good no shorts. I tested egr as well and that all worked fine. Cleaned throttle body and renistalled everything. The problem started before doing any of that. I also checked fuel pressure. The atf is the only thing I really haven't looked at in a while I only drive the truck as a backup work truck so it doesn't get checked as often as it should. Will look at it when I get home. As far as parts on it I believe it's a E4od with a 1356t case with a 302efi with about 160k. nothing on the truck is aftermarket besides the starter which works fine. Don't believe it's ever been rebuilt. I was really just looking to see if anyone had a good shop to work with in New Jersey because I don't have a lot of time to mess with it. Thanks
Old 11-15-2018, 01:37 PM

Question

92 f-150 C-6 trans, just started shifting vary hard, like it has a shift kit installed , What would cause this?
Old 11-15-2018, 04:20 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

vacuum modulator is the 1st suspect
Old 11-15-2018, 11:00 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Originally Posted by Tgbrown
92 f-150 C-6 trans...
That would be rare. Click this & read the caption:

(phone app link)

Quick Reply: Problems with trans?