Topic Sponsor

Fluid Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fluid Leak

Hello all.
I have a fluid leak on my 1990 f150 with a 302. It's leaking what appears to be tranny fluid up around the front of the truck. It's dripping down on the cross member but the truck has a ton of built up oil on the underside due to valve cover leaking for ages and just being replaced not too long ago so I'm not really sure where it's coming from I scraped all that off and cleaned it up the best I could. No tranny fluid around tranny pan or anywhere back there. Any ideas?? All help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say your cooler lines going to the radiator.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda suspected the same thing after I got to thinking about it. I haven't had much time to get back under it since I am getting ready for a little one to be born. lol been on the honey do list for a few days now. but nothing will ever replace my son so my truck can wait for now. but I figured that it was a cooler line. strange thing is that it doesn't leak all the time. I drove the truck the other day to see if I could get it to leak so I could maybe get an idea but it WOULD NOT leak. lol. but I guess when everything gets ironed out and I get some free time I will get under there and see if the lines are loose. im assuming that those lines have O-rings in them where they mate up to the radiator don't they?

Quick Reply: Fluid Leak