Topic Sponsor

eventual Loss of reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:09 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Question eventual Loss of reverse?

Well Since i got my new truck ive been through it and finding all the little things wrong and neglected on it.
so far everything's been good on it just minor things.
the big issue with it originally was the transmission that had No reverse. after filling it up with transmission fluid it I could get reverse like it was brand new.

Considering it has now power steering ive not driven it much at all just back and forth in my drive way. today i wanted to back it in and shifted in to reverse fine backed out of the drive way rocking it a few times due to snow. I believe i shifted in and out of reverse about 5 times. I noticed that reverse was slipping some after the 4th time. backing it up into the drive way it just went completely like it was in Neutral. its stuck half way now

If i wait long enough reverse comes back and is fine until i shift to much of sorts.
It is an 1993 f150 XLT 5.0l with an AOD transmission. with 128k

I have been researching this transmission and im kind of at a loss. there is a supposed valve that can go bad and cause the transmission to loose reverse and 4th? Has anyone had the same issues?
Old 02-22-2014, 01:50 PM
lost my Car again...

Update, It seems that if i wait about 30-45 mins or so reverse comes back fine
Old 03-18-2014, 08:03 PM
lost my Car again...

Does anyone have any clue? Id hate to have to toss in another transmission when it could be a solenid or another electric, or vaccum line issue if any. Im not the best with the electric style transmissions.

Quick Reply: eventual Loss of reverse?