Topic Sponsor

95 transmission stutter

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 transmission stutter

Hello everyone. I recently bought a 95 f150 5.0 auto trans pick up. It sat for about two years before I bought it, supposedly everything was fine the. My question is when I'm driving with o/d on or off I get a stutter. It usually occurs around 30-35 mph with od off and around 40-45 with it on. After ift shifts it has almost no power and takes forever to get up to 65/70. And if I hit a hill I never feel it down shift and the rpms never change no matter how much pedal I give it. It stays around 2k rpm. I do have a cel but I haven't pulled the codes just yet, been to busy. Also when taking of from stop it will shift high of hammering on the gas around the 5-6k range. And it's a hard shift. If I'm light in the pedal it still shifts a little high but not as hard of a shift.

I changed all fluids in the truck when I bought it but couldn't drive it before that because the brakes were gone at the time. Any idea where to start besides codes? I'm gonna try to get them pulled this weekend or first thing next week.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 PM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Sounds like a bad TPS. Codes should tell the story. An Innova 3145 code reader for $25 is a good investment.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:04 AM

I ordere the code reader a couple days ago. It should be here Monday.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:20 AM

I pulled this the codes, I got throttle position sensor code, speed sensor, egr low flow, and secondary fuel tank. I'm gonna try to change the tps and speed sensor this weekend along with check the coffee can for leaks. I'm starting to wonder if it's the psom though. I should have a good idea after this weekend.