Topic Sponsor

lifting my 2wd, any opinions on how?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lifting my 2wd, any opinions on how?

i have a 2wd I-beam f150 that i wanna make bigger so the guys at my career center driving their daddies lifted strokers, and my girlfriend, stop making fun of it. IF YOUR GONNA BASH ON ME FOR LIFTING A 2WD, NEED NOT RESPOND. looking for others opinions on what avenue to take.

i was thinking one of two thoughts
1. cheap 2" front coil spacers, $46. cheap 2" rear blocks, $40. cheap 2" body lift, $140 (ik how stupid body lifts are, no need to hijack this thread to explain whats wrong with them).
LIFT 4". TOTAL $225 + shipping
2. Rough Country complete 6" lift kit, $500. extended brake lines, $70.
LIFT 6". TOTAL $570 + shipping
(all pricing found via ebay motors)

just wondering what would get me the most bang for my buck and if anyone knows other better or cheaper ways to achieve lift. also advice on tire selection is welcome
Old 01-13-2013, 01:06 AM

Received 131 Likes on 121 Posts

3" spindle lift $260 and a 2" aal $85 that'd be a good way to go and if you want it higher you could do a 2"or 3" body lift after and my tire choices are between nitto terra grappler, general grabber at2, and the copper discoverer st maxx, but I hear good things about the toyo open country 2 those are a/t tires
Old 01-13-2013, 01:27 AM

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Look at nebf150 , demonprerunner, and any of the f150 builds on dezert rangers.
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/fab-shop/99495.htm

A little work and you have more travel than a raptor, http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/dr-rides/165079.htm

If the chick don't like your truck, the chick can walk, there's a new one turning 18 every day.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:38 PM
broke white boy

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

any lift that fits a 4x4 will fit yours.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Or you could lower it, built the motor, and take all their money by beating them in drag races...I would almost guarantee if they are talking that much smack, they probably don't have a clue about regearing or properly building a lifted rig for that matter.

I had a similar situation in high school because I had a 2wd Jeep Cherokee...the snickers stopped when I swapped it to 4wd and threw on a 6" lift.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Krack499
3" spindle lift $260 and a 2" aal $85 that'd be a good way to go and if you want it higher you could do a 2"or 3" body lift after and my tire choices are between nitto terra grappler, general grabber at2, and the copper discoverer st maxx, but I hear good things about the toyo open country 2 those are a/t tires
Had no idea they even made drop spindles, cool. And as for tires what size you think I could cram under it?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Moose_God
Or you could lower it, built the motor, and take all their money by beating them in drag races...I would almost guarantee if they are talking that much smack, they probably don't have a clue about regearing or properly building a lifted rig for that matter.

I had a similar situation in high school because I had a 2wd Jeep Cherokee...the snickers stopped when I swapped it to 4wd and threw on a 6" lift.
That was another plan of mine until I was surrounded by jacked up 4x4s. If I dropped it 3" font and 2" back, and dropped my buddies built 289 in er with a 3.73:1 posi.. It would be nothing to sneeze at. I have also read of turboed efi I6 but all the programming would give me a headache and I would never get it running right
Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Tmo

Im thinking about buying this truck, it is similar to yours and I might want to lift it a couple of inches. Here are the specs, what do you think? what have your experience been with 2wd lifted trucks? The whole 2wd could be a deal breaker, but I'm not sure I love the truck and I think the price is right.

5 Litre V8 Engine, Automatic Transmission With Overdrive, Power Group, Chromed Wheels & More. Being Offered With Valid E Test & Valid Safety Certificate.

Price: $3,985 Plus Taxes

Mileage: 261,312 km
(As of listing creation date)

Doors: 2 Seats: 3

Transmission: Automatic

Engine: 5.0L 8Cyl 302 V8 Gasoline

Drive: Rear Wheels Colour: Red/White

Condition: Used

Safetied & Emission Tested

Features & Options:
Air Conditioning

Tinted Windows

Tilt Steering Cruise Control

Power Windows

Bed Liner Power Steering

Power Locks

Chrome Wheels

Power Mirrors

Warranty: Optional (Not Included)

Quick Reply: lifting my 2wd, any opinions on how?