Topic Sponsor

Dream beam install issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dream beam install issues

So im currently working on installing dream beams on my 90 f150 2wd. And having trouble getting my sway bar links to bolt on...simultaneously at first they simply wouldn't both go on. After reading the instructions it says to loosen the D bushings on the sway bar. And possibly drill the brackets. So I took the sway bar bushing brackets completely off, and it still doenst allow enough play. Assuming I could have someone help me, they might go on but I think they would touch the springs.

I was wondering if anyone has any similar experience with this or had any ideas?
Old 01-01-2019, 07:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

This is an ongoing issue that nobody really has a fix for. Your gonna have to dump the factory sway bar and go with an aftermarket.

I and many others have had the same issue and called DJM personally to be told the same thing with no prevail.

Youll notice no difference after removing the sway bar unless your towing heavy or trying to keep up in the Grand Prix.

Last edited by Inside Man; 01-01-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think im going to get adjustable links, and possibly change the mounting point for the bar.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar issue with dream beams, i did was Inside Man suggested.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inside man recently told me to switch the driver and passenger side way bar bushings and it mounted up perfect. Look for the thread i started for details.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:52 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kiser312
Inside man recently told me to switch the driver and passenger side way bar bushings and it mounted up perfect. Look for the thread i started for details.
Seems on some trucks it works and some it doesn't. Mine might have worked if I forced it however it looked like the end links would have possibly hit the coil springs if the sway bar was under load and I didn't want to chance it being that the sway bar wasnt that important for what the truck was going to be used for.

Quick Reply: Dream beam install issues