Topic Sponsor

body mount puling

Old 01-11-2019, 02:07 PM

Received 132 Likes on 122 Posts
Default body mount puling

So i am replacing the body mounts on the cab for my f150 before I have the frame straightened, but Im having a bt of an issue. I have the bolt removed from both of the body mounts, and so once that Is done, you make a puller using 3" pipe, to pull out the metal sleeve that is pressed inside of the mounts. THe energy suspension bushing set that I bought has instructions on how to make the puller and how to use it. But the issue Im haviing it that the whole bushing is spinning, So I really cant get the thing out. So Im just wondering if anybody has any tricks on how to get those out easier.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:08 PM

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagg
So i am replacing the body mounts on the cab for my f150 before I have the frame straightened, but Im having a bt of an issue. I have the bolt removed from both of the body mounts, and so once that Is done, you make a puller using 3" pipe, to pull out the metal sleeve that is pressed inside of the mounts. THe energy suspension bushing set that I bought has instructions on how to make the puller and how to use it. But the issue Im haviing it that the whole bushing is spinning, So I really cant get the thing out. So Im just wondering if anybody has any tricks on how to get those out easier.
I would get a torch and melt the thing out
Old 01-11-2019, 06:15 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

I've never heard of pulling the sleeves apart. Click this & read all the captions:

(phone app link)

The last one I did (a '95 Bronco a few weeks ago) was the fastest - I used an air hammer. No parts were damaged.

(phone app link)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: body mount puling