Topic Sponsor

Oil leak help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak help!

I have an 94 300i6. 175k miles. I have an oil leak at the front of the block that looks like its coming from the oil pan gasket? It only leaks when the truck is running and its starting to get worse. the front lowest to ground bolt has oil on it. I've tried tightening it but it still leaks and has gotten worse since. Once the truck has been sitting for a couple of minutes the leak stops. Could that possibly be the front seal?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had same prob i got some LUCAS oil treatment and sealer it fixed mine if its a main seal alot of work to fix.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:20 AM

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts

I have replaced my '96 oil pan gasket know twice. With the 300, you would have to jack the engine up to remove the pan. The first time I cut the gasket at an angle and put it on. The second time, after reading about others being able to put on the gasket, I got a 1 piece on with a little patience. And it stop my leak. I was able to see some of the previous gasket was bulging out to the point of complete exposure. Look at your gasket. Mine was getting oil all over the lower part of the engine. Over tightening bolts will just make it worse.

Quick Reply: Oil leak help!