Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Super-bright 3rd Lamp Swap(?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 04:51 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Super-bright 3rd Lamp Swap(?)

Oracle lighting makes a plug 'n' play LED reverse lamp housing for the 2015+ Mustang. It's not inexpensive, but it is amazing - esp for those with tinted windows AND rear louvers.

On my Ranger, the high-mount anti-collision lamp also served as a cargo/bed light, and it also illuminated when REVERSE was selected. Now - I ended up adding a 6" LED lamp to the Ranger, and I upgraded the taillight reverse bulbs as well. I know the sky's the limit with add-on LED lamp housings; bumper-mounted...hitch-mounted...roof-rack mounted...I get that. And indeed I may end up doing one of those. But I'm wondering whether there is a direct-swap lamp in existence for the 2019 F-series that throws hella more light rearward than the stock light...and can be swapped in without major surgery(?)

Note that I am not interested in a smoked lens - or a LED simply because it's a LED - I want to significantly increase the rear-projection candlepower when backing up

Please.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar issue on my f150, when backing up, I could see too well behind me because of the window tint.

I installed these lights from JDM (JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright 2000 Lumens 360-Degree Shine 921 912 90-EX Chipsets) and replaces my hight mount lights with LED and they made a huge difference.

Check it them out
Old 08-05-2019, 05:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I’m in the same boat. I’d essentially like to mount a 6” light bar below the third brake light for additional lighting.
Ive come to the conclusion the best thing would be find a company that creates a spacer between the cab and the light, with posts that you can mount a bar to. .....now to find that.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:02 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Wow - now that’s a tall order. You’re more likely to find (or be able to create) a piggyback of some kind for the license plate. That aside...have you seen the bracket that mounts to the hitch and provides a 3” cube light on either side of it? Perhaps that would suit you(?)

Quick Reply: Super-bright 3rd Lamp Swap(?)