Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Noob question to wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 01:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Noob question to wiring

Going to be using these running lights for my side mirrors on a 13' F-150 Platinum:

https://www.f150leds.com/f150-led-mi...ng-lights-page

In the installation video they wire them all the way down in the door, which is quite a bit of work to remove the door panels, drill, etc. Couldn't I just splice them to the puddle light wires instead? The puddle lights turn on/off alongside the marker/parking lights, so would they work with these running lights?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2017, 12:02 PM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by WhySoFishy
Going to be using these running lights for my side mirrors on a 13' F-150 Platinum:

https://www.f150leds.com/f150-led-mi...ng-lights-page

In the installation video they wire them all the way down in the door, which is quite a bit of work to remove the door panels, drill, etc. Couldn't I just splice them to the puddle light wires instead? The puddle lights turn on/off alongside the marker/parking lights, so would they work with these running lights?

Thanks!
Removing the door panel is not a difficult task at all. Your puddle lights shouldn't be on while you are driving, only when you unlock and/or open the doors. I would not tap them into the puddle lights, take a few extra minutes and do it right.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:32 PM

Received 497 Likes on 349 Posts

The puddle lights wont be on when you're driving, or come on with a turn signal. just when you open the door.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewdod
The puddle lights wont be on when you're driving, or come on with a turn signal. just when you open the door.
Ah yes I should have specified my puddle lights are bugged and are always on when my headlights are on. Found out that this wasn't normal after this thread was made.