Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

New lights for old truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New lights for old truck?

hi folks,

my 2001 has 408K miles and it's headlights are no longer adjustable.

thinking to try something new, has anyone out there tried, ...

https://www.carid.com/2001-ford-f-15...-93244172.html

comments ? AnzoUSA in general?

how about LED bulbs, ...

http://www.opt-7.com/fluxbeam-x-led-headlights/

tia,...
Old 02-21-2018, 07:36 AM

Received 893 Likes on 585 Posts

Unless youre going to open up those anzo lights and retrofit good projectors, they're def not worth it... as far as Opt7 goes... really dont waste your money. If your factory are really hazed over, just get oem replacements or depo brand replacements and a quality halogen bulb.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:01 PM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Thats some impressive miles
Old 03-03-2018, 07:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jack , about 2 months I was faced with the same problem on my 05 screw. I liked the orignal headlight style but at my age I was having difficulty seeing well at night with the haze and original bulbs. bought products to clean up lens.they looked good but still not enough on low beams to see very well. I went on amazon and bought 100 w X 6k LEDs H13 equivalents with built in cooling fans and are plug and play as they say except for one minor detail.You must cut off one quarter inch off of one of the raised lines where it pushes into the light assy and twist locks into the housing do that and they lock in perfectly. these shine much farther than orignal bulbs and the white light is much like what the latest cars are running. I have never had to use the high beams as these light up road signs and street lines for great distance. I have two other other cars with Hids and they do a good job. These work better for me and are less complex to install ( no ballasts and other stuff to install)
Old 03-03-2018, 09:12 AM

Received 3,061 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by cwalter
Jack , about 2 months I was faced with the same problem on my 05 screw. I liked the orignal headlight style but at my age I was having difficulty seeing well at night with the haze and original bulbs. bought products to clean up lens.they looked good but still not enough on low beams to see very well. I went on amazon and bought 100 w X 6k LEDs H13 equivalents with built in cooling fans and are plug and play as they say except for one minor detail.You must cut off one quarter inch off of one of the raised lines where it pushes into the light assy and twist locks into the housing do that and they lock in perfectly. these shine much farther than orignal bulbs and the white light is much like what the latest cars are running. I have never had to use the high beams as these light up road signs and street lines for great distance. I have two other other cars with Hids and they do a good job. These work better for me and are less complex to install ( no ballasts and other stuff to install)
The fact that you don’t need to use high beams makes me think you’re also blinding oncoming traffic at the same time. Do these leds have a built in cut off shield around the low beam diode? Also, did you adjust your headlights after installing?

Seeing better is great, but it sucks to be the oncoming car who is blinded and cannot see anything.

I too use leds in a halogen housing, but they have a shield and make a definitive cutoff line. I’ve also adjusted them low enough to not bother other drivers.

When im behind someone, my lights are lower than their side view mirrors.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 893 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008__XL

The fact that you don’t need to use high beams makes me think you’re also blinding oncoming traffic at the same time. Do these leds have a built in cut off shield around the low beam diode? Also, did you adjust your headlights after installing?

Took the words out of my mouth. Hes blinding the crap out of everyone else on the road.

Quick Reply: New lights for old truck?