Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LED Replacement bulbs Not adjusting enough?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Replacement bulbs Not adjusting enough?

I have a 16 and the truck is leveled. Not squatted or cali lean but with the led bulbs the heat sinks are so large the hit the housing and wont adjust far enough down? Im debating going to a HID low beam as the base of the bulb is similar to the stock size so it should adjust down further so im not blinding the other drivers on the road. I know i cant be the only person who has experienced this issue? What have others done to remedy the problem ?
Old 05-06-2019, 11:45 AM

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

I used a soldering iron to cut the inside plastic at the top of the lowbeams... This allowed the proper clearance for adjustment. The cap still fits anf functions. I cut the plastic with a the soldering iron to avoid any grindings getting into the housing. It was easy. Hope the helps.

Originally Posted by bumpers
I have a 16 and the truck is leveled. Not squatted or cali lean but with the led bulbs the heat sinks are so large the hit the housing and wont adjust far enough down? Im debating going to a HID low beam as the base of the bulb is similar to the stock size so it should adjust down further so im not blinding the other drivers on the road. I know i cant be the only person who has experienced this issue? What have others done to remedy the problem ?
Old 05-06-2019, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes sense. I was looking at it and thinking of cutting them for clearance.. what boggles my mind is my pass side will adjust just fine but my driverside all the way up still is a lot higher than the pass side.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:13 AM

At least you didn't break the nylon adjustment screw on the driver's side like I did.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by bumpers
Makes sense. I was looking at it and thinking of cutting them for clearance.. what boggles my mind is my pass side will adjust just fine but my driverside all the way up still is a lot higher than the pass side.
This appears to be true. I slotted the top two bolts and tipped my drivers side headlight down a bit and now have the same downward adjustment as the passenger side.

Quick Reply: LED Replacement bulbs Not adjusting enough?