Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

LASFIT 3157A turn signal LED's

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Default LASFIT 3157A turn signal LED's

Full disclosure- I'm not a huge fan of the way LED replacements for incandescent bulbs look. I think they look garish and robotic so I typically don't buy them. A couple weeks ago, a vendor's rep from LASFIT reached out to me and offered me to try a set of their new 3157A turn signals and 194/ T10 license plate bulbs. I am not one to turn down free stuff, so I obliged.

Install: have you ever replaced a turn signal bulb before? Yes? Cool. Nothing different. There's no extra components to add with them. They don't have an external hyper flash resistor to wire in or anything like that. They're a one-shot deal. Never replaced a turn signal bulb? Youtube.

Below are pictures of it installed. These, like my statement above, are not immune to what I feel is an ugly item. They're not cheap looking at all and in fact, they look much better than some options I've seen. The finished end of them is metal and it has the LASFIT logo on it. The overall build looks very nice. It's just my personal, subjective opinion that this whole category of lighting modification is not visually appealing.

Performance: Ok. Here's where this gets interesting. I installed them at about 3pm on a slightly overcast day. It was in no way dark outside. I turned on my parking lights and other than being a bit more intense yellow in color, they seemed completely normal... then I turned on the left turn signal. The whole front of my house illuminated yellow! Sumbitch, these things are bright! I'll see about making a YouTube video to get a good idea how these work but for now, pictures will have to suffice. I had some confusion about whether I was signaling a turn or flashing a warning beacon to low flying aircraft. The visible yellow light when signaling is bright enough to cut thru my Morimoto Mini H1 retrofit.

Here are some photos!

The following users liked this post:
Scott Keith (08-19-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 12:08 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,600 Likes on 6,204 Posts

Nice review. A month ago, I bought the Lasfit 7443 switchback for my 2017 turn signal/running lights in the headlights. After reading all the Amazon reviews and for only $19.99, I had to try them. A month later, I am still impressed. I change Forscan so the are now my DRL in white. Love the look.

The following users liked this post:
I-Can't-Drive-55 (04-28-2020)
Old 01-01-2019, 02:45 PM

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

I haven't tried any of the Lasfit lights. I'm currently having good luck with JDM Astar, but good to know Lasfit is putting out a quality product. Thanks for the review.

I am also enjoying a set of switch backs for JDM.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

We have not finished our LED lighting conversion on our 2010 F150 but we have used JDM in a few cases and they seem like quality. I tested some 194's for front side markers. Very white and not hot to touch. The OEM bulbs really blacked the sockets by high temps. When finished all external bulbs should be digital except for the H7 headlight bulbs. Rears are red Eagle Eyes that fitted well and look awesome. The fronts will be clear Spyders (
Spyder Auto PRO-YD-FF15009-LBDRL-C Ford Halo Projector Headlight Spyder Auto PRO-YD-FF15009-LBDRL-C Ford Halo Projector Headlight
) .

At this point I can not tell if all the colors will be similar or not. Our Lariat is solid white so I have stayed clear on the front a red on the rear. The halos really update the truck.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:46 AM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Wanting to purchase the Lasfit LED switchbacks for my 2013. You said you did not need resistors correct?
Old 02-05-2019, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Correct. I didn’t install resistors and I don’t have any hyperflash.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:33 AM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Lenn
Correct. I didn’t install resistors and I don’t have any hyperflash.
Thank you very much
Old 02-10-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Gale Hawkins
We have not finished our LED lighting conversion on our 2010 F150 but we have used JDM in a few cases and they seem like quality. I tested some 194's for front side markers. Very white and not hot to touch. The OEM bulbs really blacked the sockets by high temps. When finished all external bulbs should be digital except for the H7 headlight bulbs. Rears are red Eagle Eyes that fitted well and look awesome. The fronts will be clear Spyders (Spyder Auto PRO-YD-FF15009-LBDRL-C Ford Halo Projector Headlight) .

At this point I can not tell if all the colors will be similar or not. Our Lariat is solid white so I have stayed clear on the front a red on the rear. The halos really update the truck.
As an update we got finished with our external LED upgrade. and went with the Lasfits you reviewed after the JDM's hyper flashed. Because of the Spyders I had to go with the 1157 Lasfits and H7 LED headlight bulbs. The white LED's in the Lasfit 1157's are not that bright and do not show up in the brightness of the photo below but the amber as your photo shows is VERY bright. I do have the stock size ADM's for the fogs.

Thanks for doing the Lasfit review.

The white of the Lasfit switch backs do not show well in this photo but they do keep burning white when the amber flashes and I like that look.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:15 AM
FDT

Received 218 Likes on 164 Posts

I just received my and installed them quick before work. I can also confirm that the 3157 fit in our housings. I ordered the switchback ones. Holy Hell they're bright! I got the $60 ones and no hyper flash either. I'll try to get more pics later, but for now all I have is a pic of them in the package before I put them in.

These are in my 2011 XLT with the aftermarket oem style projectors.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:45 AM
FDT

Received 218 Likes on 164 Posts

Not the greatest nighttime pics, but you get the idea.

Parking lights and led fogs

Parking lights, led fogs, and evox-r projectors with CBI bulbs

Switchback turn signal

Hazards on. That's a far bright reach!

Last edited by fseries54303; 02-13-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Quick Reply: LASFIT 3157A turn signal LED's