Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

hids or exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hids or exhaust

hey fellow ford fans just got a 2011 f150 xlt!!!! having trouble on deciding to do a Roush catback exhaust or a full hid conversion with a ks or anzo halo headlight.. doea anyone have the exhaust and if so what do they think and for the headlights i see that people are doing these conversions but seems nobody is using these brands. all input is appreciated
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM
F150 Forum

Received 247 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by hemike20
hey fellow ford fans just got a 2011 f150 xlt!!!! having trouble on deciding to do a Roush catback exhaust or a full hid conversion with a ks or anzo halo headlight.. doea anyone have the exhaust and if so what do they think and for the headlights i see that people are doing these conversions but seems nobody is using these brands. all input is appreciated
You know what we are all going to say, lol. I would steer clear of aftermarket heads, as they won't be what your looking for in terms of light output. Hopefully some post aftermarket headlight owners will chime in as well.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:30 PM

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm new to the site, but I'll chime in. Personally, I'd throw the money at something that improves performance or MPG's. From what I'm reading, the headlight conversions that guys are doing are turning out to be a bust, or they burn out prematurely, etc...As for exhaust.....I don't know, does it really payoff, or does it just sound better....it's a toss up. Maybe I'm too old to understand the whole exhaust mods idea, but to each their own. You could give the money to me for a Ford Electric brake controller...LOL....
Old 09-16-2012, 06:37 PM

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Depends what your looking for, heads will make it look better ( depending on which way you go) and ill second the stay away from aftermarket heads for the reasons mentioned, also they tend to fog due to poor sealing. Few guys on here have had their factory lights modded with projectors and it turns out pretty good. Can't remember the name of them though, search around. As for exhaust you'll have to decide on how loud you want it and what you want the pipes to look like at the back. I'd probably go for the exhaust first. Then worry about the headlights. You'll like the exhaust more IMO. Good luck.

Quick Reply: hids or exhaust