Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Hid light review

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 12:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hid light review

Six months ago i purchased a set of HID bi-xenon lights from third gear performance or Jon_To a member of this forum with the expectations that i would provide him and his company with a full review and installation guide for installing these HID's. I must say after installing these HID lights i have not been happier.

Review:
My name is Neil and I own a Ford F150, 2004, with bi-xenon – h13 bulb. I purchased a set of HID, 8000k, blue lights from third gear performance and must say that overall I have been happy. I installed these headlights prior to a trip I was to begin that would take me from Florida to Alaska in a four week period and the added improvement of the HID lights was remarkable. Immediately from the time I turned the headlights on I noticed clearer, crisper, brighter depth and a wider field of vision at night with the side of the road immediately in front of the vehicle more illuminated. This light upgrade came with all the required hardware – wiring harness, bulbs, mounting equipment, ballasts, fuse. Overall installation was a sinche for this product very plug and play.This light upgrade was part of a overall lighting improvement to my vehicle (added 6 kc day lighters, hid’s and fog lights) I did have to do some drilling and get creative with the mounting location of the ballasts But underneath the housing of each headlight was a portion of vehicle frame that after drilling thru the metal I installed the ballasts in these locations. I would recommend third gears lighting equipment to anyone. And for the price you couldn’t get a better deal! Only issue I had was that because the HID kits only use one side of the factory wiring hardness I did not have enough resistance when I switched on my fog lights. SO everytime I hit the fog lights the highs came on after notifying john of this issue he found a solution of wiring in a small lightbulb into the ground and high beam wire on the un-used factory harness of the vehicle. This created enough resistance for fogs and highs to function properly. I would recommend these to anyone. Best of luck. If any consumers have questions about this system from an end user stand point feel free to email me.
Neil

Quick Reply: Hid light review