Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Help on what harness to buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 02:07 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Help on what harness to buy

I have a 2011 F150, I bought a set of OEM F150 HID headlights off ebay, it came with ballast attached and bulbs in the projector.

Which and where can I get a wiring harness? I believe it's all OEM; housing, ballast and bulb. Here's a pic of the back of the bulb.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:13 AM

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

I would ask The Retrofit Source if they have a harness for you.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:16 AM

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

See link.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...sion-2009.html
The following users liked this post:
LUVmyDUX (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 02:52 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

You are going to love those. I made the same upgrade and used the same harness. Enjoy!
Old 06-08-2016, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kommander
You are going to love those. I made the same upgrade and used the same harness. Enjoy!
I just ordered the harness from TRS.

My previous truck was a 2013 FX4 and it had the projector lights. Totally miss the lighting performance vs halogen, so that's why I immediately bought a set to convert.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 893 Likes on 585 Posts

Hope you have better luck with the harness than I had. I went through 3 and after the third one took them out and Im doing a retro when I have time. I do miss the hid's. Forgot how much the halogens sucked.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by eyecandynsx
Hope you have better luck with the harness than I had. I went through 3 and after the third one took them out and Im doing a retro when I have time. I do miss the hid's. Forgot how much the halogens sucked.
3? TRS offers a 2yr warranty with the harness so why not just get a new one? I hope to not have issues, but if I do, I will just swap out the factory project for Evo X ones or FXR.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:32 AM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by eyecandynsx
I think you will still need the harness with retro's. I thought I had a bad harness at one point so I bought another one. Turns out both ballasts were bad. Replaced them and bam! It works! I kept the 2nd harness since I have heard of folks having issues with them. But so far, so good!

Don't worry OP, I think the odds of harness issues are pretty slim. If you do, get in touch with TRS and they will make it right.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by LUVmyDUX
3? TRS offers a 2yr warranty with the harness so why not just get a new one? I hope to not have issues, but if I do, I will just swap out the factory project for Evo X ones or FXR.
I got tired of not knowing if they were going to work or not. They were good about warranty, but peace of mind was better than warranty. LOL. It seems some people have never had issues with that particular harness, and others have had problems.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kommander
I think you will still need the harness with retro's. I thought I had a bad harness at one point so I bought another one. Turns out both ballasts were bad. Replaced them and bam! It works! I kept the 2nd harness since I have heard of folks having issues with them. But so far, so good!

Don't worry OP, I think the odds of harness issues are pretty slim. If you do, get in touch with TRS and they will make it right.
Different harness for a retrofit. TRS was good about warranty, but not knowing if my headlights were going to turn on or not when it was dark out got to be old quick. Something with that halogen to oem hid harness...

Quick Reply: Help on what harness to buy