Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

F150LEDs.com Tail Light Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up F150LEDs.com Tail Light Review

I have review of the F150LEDs.com MK2 tail lights, I know this is like my fifth review of their company and their lights but honestly speaking I have been beyond impressed with them and their lights so I keep on ordering packages from them. That is why I have so many reviews of all different kinds of lights from them. Just so everyone is clear and there is no confusions about my posts like there has been in the past. So now on to the review of the tail lights. The package came super quick and was pretty self explanatory after watching the how to video on youtube (speaking of that Nick, as he introduces himself in the videos, does a great job explaining how to install all these lights.) The install was very easy the lights were plug and play, there were restrictors included in the package to reduce the "hyper-flash" when turing the turn signal on. The restrictors took a little time to instal and secure mostly cause its just meticulous to have to connect the wires and what not but still with the help of another it took me about 45 minutes to do all 4 lights. Performance wise the lights again exceed my expectations and produce a generous amount of light out the back of your truck. When the lights are on at night without even pressing the brake the running lights are already brighter then stock halogens. Once the brake is pressed they light up to unbelievable brightness. So all in all I am very pleased with F150LEDs.com's products and results, will probably buy something from then again soon and post yet another review. Here are some pictures of the lights
Attached Thumbnails F150LEDs.com Tail Light Review-img_1129.jpg   F150LEDs.com Tail Light Review-img_1130.jpg   F150LEDs.com Tail Light Review-img_1133.jpg   F150LEDs.com Tail Light Review-img_1134.jpg   F150LEDs.com Tail Light Review-img_1135.jpg  

Old 08-12-2016, 09:27 PM

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Kralldaddy
I have review of the F150LEDs.com MK2 tail lights, I know this is like my fifth review of their company and their lights but honestly speaking I have been beyond impressed with them and their lights so I keep on ordering packages from them. That is why I have so many reviews of all different kinds of lights from them. Just so everyone is clear and there is no confusions about my posts like there has been in the past. So now on to the review of the tail lights. The package came super quick and was pretty self explanatory after watching the how to video on youtube (speaking of that Nick, as he introduces himself in the videos, does a great job explaining how to install all these lights.) The install was very easy the lights were plug and play, there were restrictors included in the package to reduce the "hyper-flash" when turing the turn signal on. The restrictors took a little time to instal and secure mostly cause its just meticulous to have to connect the wires and what not but still with the help of another it took me about 45 minutes to do all 4 lights. Performance wise the lights again exceed my expectations and produce a generous amount of light out the back of your truck. When the lights are on at night without even pressing the brake the running lights are already brighter then stock halogens. Once the brake is pressed they light up to unbelievable brightness. So all in all I am very pleased with F150LEDs.com's products and results, will probably buy something from then again soon and post yet another review. Here are some pictures of the lights
1. No offense, those photos are terrible, I can't tell what I'm looking at and they don't do f150leds any justice.

2. If you like them so much why do you keep switching and buying different products from them? It seems, if you loved what you had at first (speaking of the headlights) you wouldn't have bought a different set from them.

3. Those look at exactly like the LEDs on eBay from China.

Last edited by 2008__XL; 08-12-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand why any of the companies who build these haven't figured out a way to incorporate the resistor into the light base or at least make a short pig tail so they are plug and play! I absolutely hate those cheap wire taps and don't like cutting into my factory harness. Maybe just my pet peeves.....
Old 08-13-2016, 01:55 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

It's really not possible with technology at this time. LED's draw a LOT less power then a halogen, therefore you need a resistor to trick the onboard computer... and the heat has to go somewhere. That's what the resistor is. They could put the resistor into the light, that's not the problem, it's what to do with the HEAT. That's why the resistors have the big heatsinks, it allows the heat to go somewhere.

If you just put the resistor in the base of an LED bulb, the thing would melt right away.

Sooo that's basically why you don't see it.

I don't like wire taps either but... it is what it is.
The following users liked this post:
Stanghunter (08-13-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
It's really not possible with technology at this time. LED's draw a LOT less power then a halogen, therefore you need a resistor to trick the onboard computer... and the heat has to go somewhere. That's what the resistor is. They could put the resistor into the light, that's not the problem, it's what to do with the HEAT. That's why the resistors have the big heatsinks, it allows the heat to go somewhere.

If you just put the resistor in the base of an LED bulb, the thing would melt right away.

Sooo that's basically why you don't see it.

I don't like wire taps either but... it is what it is.
Thanks for the info!
Old 08-14-2016, 11:12 AM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,600 Likes on 6,204 Posts

So I was browsing the F150leds.com website. Why are they reluctant to show the actual bulb itself? That is disturbing to me. I looked at all their products and even on the install videos, it was like they are hiding something.
The following users liked this post:
1getz (08-14-2016)

Quick Reply: F150LEDs.com Tail Light Review