Topic Sponsor
Lighting Come discuss all Ford F150 Lighting questions here!

Beware of 4x4 Truck Leds

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 12:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Beware of 4x4 Truck Leds

Hey guys, just want to tell everyone that ive pretty much had it with the garbage I spent almost 300 easy on leds. I would highly suggest looking elsewhere when purchasing Leds. I got a set and I guess I shouldve known better when they didnt work right off the bat. I had to do a mod to get them to work, but I just assumed it was my truck being an 05. THe fact that the headlights would only work when one was on the right and the other was on the left is another factor in itself.

On top of the fun, 1 led went out within the first few months. Then another one within that year, and then my fogs went out after that. At first they replaced the first 2, then I started getting excuses. Apparently the manufacturer they were using(street glow), was not wanting to work with them anymore, or maybe the other way around. Its not my business, I am a customer who chose a product. I was told to call street glow, and reason I bought these is b/c of the bad wrap of street glow, only to find out that was his manufacturer. Well the 4th led lasted about 2 1/2 years so at least I got one decent one right?

My suggestion is just do not pay the overpriced markup they are putting. You can get the same exact leds, maybe better off amazon. He will come on here trying to persuade you otherwise, but the emails from him say enough. ANd just to make it awesome, you cant even trust reviews anymore. I gave him a negative review, and he told me straight out he wasnt going to post it up. I mean I warn you guys dont waste your money. I purchased the headlight replacements off amazon for 50 bucks and literally lights up the same area, same beam and all. Ill check back up and review those after the first 6 months to a year to give a heads up on how long they lasted. I was really hoping LED's would not get the name of aftermarket HID's, but they are maybe just as bad at least from 4x4 truck leds.

Since my review was denied, I just felt I should warn those that may be on the edge like I was between amazon, and going with his higher priced garbage
The following users liked this post:
JCROUCH (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 09:35 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Which ones did you buy from 4x4Truck LED's? Which ones did you buy from Amazon? Just wanted to know the details.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:56 AM

FORD-XHP6000LEDH10 and h13, I got the low beams and fog lights. I'm trying out a brand that is a no namer right now, but over 4k reviews on Amazon. I'll get the name of them, and will see. I dont like reviewing things new, only after they have been used for a year or so. Dont want to mislead people into a product that really hasn't been tested.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:05 AM

Received 325 Likes on 240 Posts

It’s no secret 4x4truckled sells the same LEDs that can be found on amazon at a lower price. You’re paying for the customer service and for someone else doing all the research on which LEDs are the best. Sorry you had a bad experience. I loved my XHP LEDs, but they burnt out after 2 years and I was sent upgraded LEDs. Great customer service in my opinion. But the LEDs aren’t any more “high quality” than amazon brands. Just better marketing and customer support. If you don’t like it shop elsewhere
Old 04-23-2019, 10:22 AM

What customer support, after the 3rd led going down, they told me they didnt deal with it anymore and I had to call the manufacturer which did not help at all. I purchased the product through them, not the manufacturer simple as that.

Your useless comment of "if you dont like it shop elsewhere" is just dumb. The reason I posted is to avoid someone making the same mistake and overpaying for a cheap product, pushed as a quality one. Its your choice to shop and pay more, but I did just that and chose to shop elsewhere after getting burned badly.

Also, what research are you referring too? B/c they have without a doubt just repackaged another brands product, which means the manufacturer did the research, not the retailer?
Old 04-23-2019, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

I don't recall any recent conversations with any of our customers about StreetGlow bulbs. I do recall a conversation months and months ago with someone (was that you?) about StreetGlow's bulbs being bad.

What is your order # and/or name out of curiosity so I can look up our history.

The fact that the StreetGlow bulbs failed sucks. But, we're not the manufacturer of StreetGlow products. We've since (as of a few years ago actually) dropped their product line because we had a few issues (we sourced our own version from a different manufacturing facility then StreetGlow uses). However because it's a StreetGlow product there is only so much we can do. We USED to just swap the bulbs out and handle the RMAs direct with StreetGlow. But a few years ago StreetGlow asked us NOT to handle RMAs. They want to handle all RMA's themselves. So we have no control over that. Wish we could do something but that's StreetGlow policy in that THEY handle RMA's for their product.

Saddly we're just a reseller for their product (or we WERE). It's similar to a TV you buy at Best Buy. If you opt not to purchase Best Buys in-house warranty and the TV fails after a year, you have to work with the manufacturer to get a warranty NOT Best Buy (Best Buy is just a reseller, they don't manufacturer the TV). So same thing here.

We've heard StreetGlow is not very responsive nor very helpful but unfortunately we have no control over what StreetGlow does. Now i'm more then happy to express your concerns with the owner of StreetGlow when I see him on Thursday (they are at the NYIAS and I plan to stop by the show and plan to say hello to them in my passing) if you like. Happy to let them know you are not happy with their product and/or RMA procedure.

But blaming us isn't fair, is it? As you know, we dropped the product line because of issues and surely this is one of those issues.

MOST companies including big companies like Diode Dynamics, Morimoto, Putco, etc... all have a supplier overseas manufacturing a lot of their products and private label them. StreetGlow is no different.. we're no different. This is why we also have our own house-brand now (CrystaLux) because now WE can control the product, the support, we can request changes to how things are made/etc... (one example is we've asked our manufacturers to change the LED Driver design on a future model/product).

StreetGlow does not nor has ever manufacturer products for us. We used to sell the StreetGlow brand.. but we have not sold the StreetGlow brand in probably 3+ years now. So the issue you are having must be from a long time ago... why are you suddenly slamming us for an issue with another manufacturers product... a product we no longer sell?

Again sorry you had a bad experience with StreetGlow but is it fair to yell at us when it's not our product? I don't think that's fair, especially since we've dropped that product line years ago (this is one of those reasons we dropped the line)

As for your comment about the negative review... we don't filter out reviews that we like... if you leave an honest negative review, we post it. But if you post a review about something that's not fair our not true, it won't be posted... let me know your name/email/order #... something I can find your review on and (if you want) let people know what you wrote and why (if) we didn't approve it... but we allow people to publish negative reviews, we just don't get a lot of them.

Last edited by 230748; 04-23-2019 at 10:41 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 230748:
Ricktwuhk (04-23-2019), UnkLeRaRa (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 10:47 AM
Banned

Now I see who you are... found the email (your forum name is similar to the email address which is how I found you)

You contacted us last in September of 2018 about an issue with the StreetGlow bulbs.

However in May of 2018 we swapped out a faulty StreetGLow product for you at no cost, despite it not being ours. Then in September of 2018 you contacted us again saying you had an issue. The thing is... we never received the faulty product back from the May transaction. You were supposed to send us the faulty back (we sent you an advance replacement) but you never sent us anything. You said something about traveling a lot/etc... but the thing is... we still (at that point) never got the faulty product back (a product that was not ours). So at this point you had to send us the failed product OR order an advance replacement (to be credited back once we got our failed products). We were not going to send you another advance replacement (because we never got the first one back... and it was not even our product, we were just trying to help you).

Now this is all from May/September of last year. So now you decided to come on here and bash us? I don't know why you are bashing us. We went out of our way to help you out. Sending you a free replacement at no charge. Never got the faulty product back. And then again you wanted us (in September) to send you more free replacements on a product we do not carry. You didn't want to contact StreetGlow because of their support, BUT as I said, we felt bad and were trying to help you out. There is only so far we can go though with our generosity. You chose NOT to send us any failed products back but wanted us to keep sending you replacements without ever getting a failed item back? That's not fair.

Then the review... here is the review you wrote:

Started off great and then LEDs kept blowing and then when asked to resolve the issues, I was told that they dont sell the same maker anymore and that I have to contact the manufacturer. Which when I bought them initially I was told these were specifically made by them, not another manufacturer. I would steer clear, I still have a non working fog light led.
We chose not to publish that because it was on OUR XHP Series replacement products. Your issue was with a StreetGlow product which is not on our site anymore. So the review was on the wrong product.

Am I wrong in any of my statements? I don't believe I am. I also don't know why you continue to try and bad mouth us when we've gone way above/beyond for you and have gotten nothing in return from you other then bad commentary. Even when you tried to bad mouth us last year we STILL sent you replacement bulbs (only to NEVER get them sent back)

Last edited by 230748; 04-23-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:58 AM

You come in here trying to act like we dont have strings of emails of you with a completely different tone towards me all the sudden. You are literally lying on a forum you sponsor trying to get people on your side. Your best buy reference is not the same when you originally claimed your leds were specific and researched to work better then other options on the market for the f150. If I go to publix and buy bad meat, publix doesnt send me back to the butcher to get a refund. You chose to sell a product and b/c if was costing you more the replace each one out of your pocket and fix the situation, you pushed me off.

You then automatically had the system send me an email asking for a review of your product, I gave the straight up honest answer and you made it very clear you would not post it due to it being negative. So you hide the truth so who know who else is out there, that just isnt willing to take the time to say the truth about you. You even gave them my wrong address when they tried to send me a replacement(well at least they said they tried too) We even confirmed you sent them the wrong address information after, so I am not sure where you are coming off here saying you dont deserve blame?

You even made a bogus comment to me in an emotional response saying :

Not my problem you moved. Take it up with StreetGlow.

Contact StreetGlow… but last I heard they don’t want to deal with you either from what they told me. They were tired of you calling and complaining as well.

You keep burning your bridges.

Enough already, find a new hobby.

Yet I called streetglow literally 3x after you told me you wouldnt honor the product replacement. I called them once to tell them I needed a replacement, then a second time when they didnt call me back after 2 days, and then a 3rd time to tell them I didnt receive the replacement they offered. I was then told that you gave them the wrong address, and suddenly not the problem of streetglows anymore either and that I need to take it up with you. Apparently the owner didnt like you bad mouthing products of his and chose not to want to deal with you. I dont know, again not my business, but i spent good money with you that was a waste.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:06 AM

You have been sent every replacement you requested, b/c you are the ones who sent me the return labels so why would I not send them back, just curious? You only sent me 2 led bulbs by the way, which streetglow said you were replacing them incorrectly and may have been my issue all along, that you shouldve replaced with the driver as well.

The fog light I have still doesnt work on one side so you know, and the headlight of course no surprise has gone out as well. As I said, I didnt lie you replaced the first 2 failed bulbs, and then that was it. I thought the customer service was great at first till you started lying about how i was bothering street glow and burning bridges? I have come to tell others about this months after, b/c now the 4th led has gone out and I am tired of it. I told you months ago I would post about this fiasco months ago, b/c you wouldnt let the truth come out about my review. It was your choice, you sold me a bad product pitching it as the end all be all. I even started a thread years ago requesting help on what I should buy and thats where it all started.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:07 AM
Banned

You realize after getting harassing emails from you non-stop we eventually wrote you off and told you to just contact them... at that point we were not willing to help you anymore after you refused to send us a faulty product back from May. What did you expect from us? To still be your best friend? No. We stopped going above/beyond and told you to contact the manufacturer direct going forward (which is what they asked to begin with).

I can't help the fact StreetGlow refused to honor their RMA. So the way it sounds is StreetGlow refused to honor the warranty so you tried to get us to warranty it for you (which we did in May).

The comments you make here, are the same ones you made in the email. You had a bad experience with a product. You didn't want to deal with the manufacturer. You got mad and after harassing us told us you'd bad mouth us every chance you got... months later here you are making good on that threat.

We don't hide anything. You're upset, we get it. I'd be upset to. But you're upset at the wrong person... I went above/beyond sending you our own product to fix your issue in May... you NEVER sent us back the bad product and then in September demanded we once again replace StreetGlow's product because they refused to help you... what did you expect us to do... send you more free product when we NEVER got the first faulty product back? That's not how it works. It was only at that point you decided to send us the failed product back because we refused to give you anything more free of charge in advance. You got mad we refused to keep sending you free replacements UNTIL we got our 1st advance replacement back.

Last edited by 230748; 04-23-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Beware of 4x4 Truck Leds